• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

classybison

Reaction score
Question for anyone familiar with how the Coniston should fit. So I measure a hair over 12 on Brannock and went in and tried on the 11 and 11.5 Uk sizes when I visited the store in NYC. I was wearing thick smartwool boot socks and in the 11 my toes kinda touched the edge of the boot but in the 11.5 I had a ton of room and extra leather. You could pinch a little bit of the leather because my foot didn't fully fill out the shoe in that spot. Which is the worse of two evils in this case of fit?

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for anyone familiar with how the Coniston should fit. So I measure a hair over 12 on Brannock and went in and tried on the 11 and 11.5 Uk sizes when I visited the store in NYC. I was wearing thick smartwool boot socks and in the 11 my toes kinda touched the edge of the boot but in the 11.5 I had a ton of room and extra leather. You could pinch a little bit of the leather because my foot didn't fully fill out the shoe in that spot. Which is the worse of two evils in this case of fit?

Buying shoes that don't fit is the worst of all those evils...

Sounds like neither work for you...I think you'll need to try something else...maybe a boot on a different C&J last.

westling

Reaction score
I am looking to get the Brecon and Harlech boots, both on the 341 last. I need some advice on sizing. I'm a US 12D on a brannock device, an 11.5D on the Barrie last is loose fitting, and a UK 10.5E on the 325 last (Coniston) fits well. The c&j sales associate said the 341 and 325 fit similarly. Should I go with a UK 10.5E or 11E? Any other sizing advice is greatly appreciated!

I mentioned this today to Hetom at Sky Valet Shoes. He suggested 10.5E UK for the Brecon and 11E UK for the Harlech.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wore these today, a pols for x post

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Very nice mate, dark brown shoes does so much for a grey suit!

Btw, I like your avatar! :nodding:

Thanks mate

Re the Avatar, just for the Ryder Cup I'm afraid. May now go back to one of the old faithfuls or a new one...

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that Ben Silver carries the Westbourne in dark brown burnished calf...

steffenbp11

Reaction score

Thanks mate

Re the Avatar, just for the Ryder Cup I'm afraid. May now go back to one of the old faithfuls or a new one...

I like it is as well Cleav. Although it wasn`t really that much of a match this time. It was all over by sunday which was a shame. Bjorn didn´t do too well, but he was unlucky to face the best Americans and to partner Kaymer, who saved his best for his single.And I think he knew his single didn´t matter ...

Last edited:

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like it is as well Cleav. Although it wasn`t really that much of a match this time. It was all over by sunday which was a shame. Bjorn didn´t do too well, but he as unlucky to face the best Americans and to partner Kaymer, who saved his best for his single.And I think he knew his single didn´t matter ...

Thought Thomas did exceptionally well to play his way into the team on merit, what a man. I thought he played pretty well too, his presence in the team room must have been invaluable as well. I'm in no doubt that Scandinavia will host a Ryder Cup soon, where will it go? Thomas has influenced many and my contacts have said the Danes and Germans are early favourites for 2022 bidding alongside Austria, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Turkey.

steffenbp11

Reaction score

Thought Thomas did exceptionally well to play his way into the team on merit, what a man. I thought he played pretty well too, his presence in the team room must have been invaluable as well. I'm in no doubt that Scandinavia will host a Ryder Cup soon, where will it go? Thomas has influenced many and my contacts have said the Danes and Germans are early favourites for 2022 bidding alongside Austria, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Turkey.

One last golf post before I let the thread revert to english footwear. I am quite intrigued by the prospect of the Ryder Cup in Denmark, but it is still a long way away. I appreciate your verdict on Thomas. For strange and mysterious reasons he is my only true idol, and has been since he came through on the Challenge Tour. I don't think people realize just how much he has meant to danish golf. Like Lennon once said of Elvis, before him there was was nothing. When I was a kid, people were in awe of my club pro, who twice made it to the Open in the sixties, only to notch up two rounds in the nineties. Yes, Bjorn is probably an underachiever and is his own worst enemy, but I am quite sure that most of his colleagues regard him as one of the most talented guys out there. Plus he is one of the only active athletes left who is older than I am :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads