• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been debating getting the Whiskey Harvard for a few weeks now. In pics at least I love the color of C&J's whiskey, sort of a mix of Alden's whiskey and ravello. I am wondering how the 314 last fits compared to the 325? I have fat, flat feet and from what I have read, the 314 is somewhat generous in width but at the expense of a loose heel.

For anyone that has that model, can you comment on the fit compared to the 325 last or Alden's barrie? Barrie fits me about perfect, the 325 is almost as good but not quite.

Also would love to see any pics of the Whiskey harvards with some wear on them... I don't mind some shell rolls for sure but just curious how they age.

DrNik

Reaction score
I need some advice. I have been breaking in my Islay, wearing about every other day for the past 4 weeks and I'm undecided on the fit for me.

The boots were snug across the width initially and and have stretched out comfortably but I am concerned that my heels lift and rub to point of causing small blisters as I I flex my foot. I must add that it has improved as the sole has become more flexible.

For reference, my large toenail ends at the 5th and 6th hole punches of broguing (1inch) from the end, if that makes sense and the imprint of my heel on inner sole starts about 1cm from the end.

Does it sound like I should have taken a half size smaller? I have worn a larger size and they felt voluminous.

See below for photos, hopefully showing flex point and what I mean by the 5th and 5th ' brogue punches':

[ATTACHMENT=11240]image.jpg (650k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=11241]image.jpg (584k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=11242]image.jpg (658k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of questions,

What size in a Barneys C&J boot should I order if I wear 9 in an Islay & Conniston?

Also what products do you all recommend for cleaning/polishing the two? (the Conniston is a cognac-ish color)

Thats a lovely collection! Are those Alden suede wingtips from J Gilbert? I almost got those but decided to preorder the reverse chamois WT from B+M instead.

I would recommend saphir wax polish in neutral to retain the color or get different shades of brown. They have a few different choices.

hbarradah

Reaction score
I got the 8 US from Barney's for the Islay and it fit me very well. I usually wear 8.5 USA. I ended up returning it to barney because it was quite cheaper from Robert Old. I got it in UK7.5 from them which fit exactly the same way like the barney US8.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mark June 24 on your calendars. You'll be able to find Crockett & Jones on sale in France at that time.

Various online retailers will ship overseas and deduct VAT as well. Can we get an inventory of retailers here?

1. Upper Shoes;

IGotId

Reaction score
Thats a lovely collection! Are those Alden suede wingtips from J Gilbert? I almost got those but decided to preorder the reverse chamois WT from B+M instead.

I would recommend saphir wax polish in neutral to retain the color or get different shades of brown. They have a few different choices.

Thanks! You're correct on the suede wingtips, I'm actually thinking about selling them.

andermt

Reaction score
Anyone seen the Hartland Earth Green Suede Chukka (pic below) in the wild? I need a good comfortable walking boot for travels to wear with jeans or dress pants this fall and was looking at the Tetbury or Milton in chocolate brown suede cause the 348 last fits me well but curious which boot would be the most comfortable for lots of walking? Hartland is on the 359 last.

Yes, I have a pair. They are slightly different to the production ones as the sole is a different colour.

I have sized down slightly on it compared to my Tetbury's (mainly down to availability, 1/2 size down) and whilst a tight fit they are okay. I don't wear them enough but with the weather improving here in the UK I expect they will be worn more often. A couple of pictures. They look a touch lighter in the pics than they actually are.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know what kind of discounts there will be? Hoping it will be enough since the CAD is hurting these days...

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, I have a pair. They are slightly different to the production ones as the sole is a different colour. I have sized down slightly on it compared to my Tetbury's (mainly down to availability, 1/2 size down) and whilst a tight fit they are okay. I don't wear them enough but with the weather improving here in the UK I expect they will be worn more often. A couple of pictures. They look a touch lighter in the pics than they actually are.
Many thanks for the reply and pics. The C&J pic doesn't do them justice, love the green suede. I'm leaning toward the Chocolate brown suede Tetbury because I need them for fall and the 348 last fits me well. Looking at these for next spring.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads