• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are aging beautifully. I like them much more than I anticipated. These boots have become my go-to whenever I go out since I still work from home. They have about 10 wears, maybe a little less. The green does seem more muted in the pictures since it was dusk at the moment. You could see the black crocking from my jeans. I'm very happy I joined the GMTO.
IMG_3300.jpg
IMG_3305.JPG
IMG_3307.JPG

acconrad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m looking to upgrade my shoes. Looking at a Handgrade Oxford on the 330 (now 140) last.

My old Oxford was a AE Byron (like Park Avenue but w brouging). Fit felt fine.

I’ve had Carmina Simpson and they felt too dainty.

I would imagine the 140/330 is a nice middle ground?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are aging beautifully. I like them much more than I anticipated. These boots have become my go-to whenever I go out since I still work from home. They have about 10 wears, maybe a little less. The green does seem more muted in the pictures since it was dusk at the moment. You could see the black crocking from my jeans. I'm very happy I joined the GMTO.
View attachment 1856050 View attachment 1856051 View attachment 1856052
This is a notched welt, right?

Gustaf

Reaction score
Yes it is. It actually looks much sleeker than the regular storm welt imo.

Not to me. The notched welt is more of a relief pattern, whereas the storm welt is a fairly flat seam.

Edit: Scratch seam, I mean that the edge of the welt is flatter, if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Gustaf

Reaction score
When Division Road released their line of C&J boots, I thought the notched welt was a bit ugly, but on foot it and in person these Coniston look sleeker than my dark brown scotch Coniston.

That's interesting. I also have both regular storm welted Conistons and the Divison Road version. I think the notched welt fits the DR make-up very well, but it's not sleeker, although tbh the difference is not immense.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to me. The notched welt is more of a relief pattern, whereas the storm welt is a fairly flat seam.
That's interesting. I also have both regular storm welted Conistons and the Divison Road version. I think the notched welt fits the DR make-up very well, but it's not sleeker, although tbh the difference is not immense.
Aesthetic is all preferential, but I wouldn’t call a storm welt fairly flat, not even remotely.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it. I have it on a pair of EG's
That notched welt would be dead sexy on that black shell Coniston you’re contemplating.

Gustaf

Reaction score
Aesthetic is all preferential, but I wouldn’t call a storm welt fairly flat, not even remotely.

You are correct. I amended my previous comment. I guess "smooth" is more what I had in mind. Preferential either way. I guess the smoothest and the flattest welt is the flat welt?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8