• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s the verdict on the CJ Dainite made “city” rubber sole that seem to be reserved for some dressier models? I suppose it’s supposed to be a midpoint between leather and the thicker nubbed Dainite?

It’s just as durable as the standard Dainite soles, yet lower profile and sleeker.

While I like Dainite for boots, I’ve always found them odd on shoes. The City Sole seems to bridge that gap and provide the water resistance without sacrificing as much aesthetically vis a vie leather soles.

Evergreen88

Reaction score
Just received the U-Throat C&J c/o BB. I would suggest to go a half size bigger because these are narrow. Worked perfectly for me. Of all the Peal shoes I’ve ordered, these are probably my favorite (other than the shells) :) This are the only pair that seemto be untouched from the factory due to the way it was packaged and all.

Now what color are these?

View attachment 1407931 View attachment 1407932

The colour is chestnut

Phoenician

Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate your commends on the City rubber sole. Seems like a good fit for a couple models that I'm considering and the like the sleekness of them, but was concerned there was some major disadvantage I wasn't seeing. Thanks for your input on these!

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New to me brown cordovan Lindrick via @JayDotz . I'd participated in SF brown cordovan Lindrick GMTO back in Fall 2018, but sold my pair almost immediately upon receiving them. During the interim 6+ months between GMTO payment and delivery, I'd bought a pair of Alden Cigar wingtip boots and a pair of C&J Skye 2 in brown cordovan so I felt there was too much overlap. I ended up selling the Skye to a buddy, and soon regretted selling the Lindrick. C&J GMTOs are becoming more and more difficult to complete, so I doubted I'd be able to land another pair in my size. When I saw JayDotz 's post, I immediately jumped at the opportunity to acquire this pair. Uppers are in great condition, and overall I'm pleased with the purchase. I know JayDotz has a couple of other stellar boots listed on SF, highly recommend him as a seller.

DSC_0889.JPG

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
never saw 337 on loafer, though I think 337 is a shorter version of 348/358, so probably doesn't work...

Phoenician

Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts on the Brecon chukka in general, and how it relates to where it fits with the other chukka models made by CJ? Thanks!

Phoenician

Reaction score
New to me brown cordovan Lindrick via @JayDotz . I'd participated in SF brown cordovan Lindrick GMTO back in Fall 2018, but sold my pair almost immediately upon receiving them. During the interim 6+ months between GMTO payment and delivery, I'd bought a pair of Alden Cigar wingtip boots and a pair of C&J Skye 2 in brown cordovan so I felt there was too much overlap. I ended up selling the Skye to a buddy, and soon regretted selling the Lindrick. C&J GMTOs are becoming more and more difficult to complete, so I doubted I'd be able to land another pair in my size. When I saw JayDotz 's post, I immediately jumped at the opportunity to acquire this pair. Uppers are in great condition, and overall I'm pleased with the purchase. I know JayDotz has a couple of other stellar boots listed on SF, highly recommend him as a seller.

View attachment 1408431

stunning! Bet you’re happy to have another pair again! Congrats

Braid

Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts on the Brecon chukka in general, and how it relates to where it fits with the other chukka models made by CJ? Thanks!
It's beautiful, it's on last 341 so not as elongated or sharp as the Tetbury but a more discrete almond toe. Considering also it has grain leather and a stormwelt it is definitely a very casual and versatile style.

The Chiltern are also beautiful and have a rounder toe.

In short I consider the Tetbury as the sharpest/sleekest (assuming you like the very elongated look), the Brecon as a more heavy duty chukka, while Chiltern is the most classic/conservative.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads