• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received list below from the lovely Ms. Pernilla Searle. Hoping to get a pair of Radnor, if available in my size.

Note: Prices below include VAT

• Brecon Black Calf WAS £465 – NOW £395
  • Bury Black & Dark Brown Antique Calf (358-last) – WAS £750 – NOW £620
  • Camden Mushroom Suede – WAS £375 – NOW £310
  • Cavendish Black Calf G-Fitting Only – WAS £460 – NOW £385
  • Chelsea V Green Rough Out Suede – WAS £410 – NOW £335
  • Cranleigh Snuff, Mid Blue & Shark Grey Suede – WAS £400 – NOW £335
  • Deene Black Calf – WAS £480 – NOW £335
  • Deene Dark Brown Pebble Grain – WAS £470 – NOW £400
  • Drummond Tan Burnished Calf – WAS £465 – NOW £370
  • Durham Tan Scotch Grain – WAS £455 – NOW £390
  • Eskdale Dark Brown Suede – WAS £430 – NOW £355
  • Eskdale Dark Brown Wax Calf – WAS £485 – NOW £410
  • Finsbury Black & Chestnut Burnished Calf – WAS £465 – NOW £390
  • Flore Snuff Suede – WAS £405 – NOW £340
  • Gower II Black & Chestnut Burnished Calf – WAS £490 – NOW £415
  • Grasmere Tan Scotch Grain “G-fitting ONLY” – WAS £440 – NOW £380
  • Hallam Dark Brown Burnished Calf “F-fitting ONLY” WAS £4445 – NOW £370
  • Hardwick Snuff Suede – WAS £390 – NOW £330
  • Hartland II Dark Brown Suede – WAS £370 – NOW £310
  • Harvard II Tan Pebble Grain – WAS £425 – NOW £350
  • Hayle Ocean Suede – WAS £370 – NOW £310
  • Lichfield Black & Chestnut Calf, Tobacco Suede – WAS £470 – NOW £395
  • Lonsdale Dark Brown Suede – WAS £560 – NOW £475
  • Malton Black (Dainite Sole ONLY) & Dark Brown Burnished Calf - WAS £445 – NOW £380
  • Monkton Black Calf Suede – WAS £450 – NOW £385
  • Newquay Snuff Suede – WAS £380 – NOW £320
  • Peebles Russian Grain – WAS £600 – NOW £480
  • Radnor Russian Grain – WAS £710 – NOW £590
  • Radstock Black Calf “E-fitting Dainite Sole ONLY” – WAS £445 – NOW £380
  • Savile Black & Dark Brown Antique Calf 337-last only – WAS £615 – NOW £515
  • Skye III Black Calf – WAS £550 – NOW £455
  • Skye III Chestnut Burnished Calf – WAS £550 – NOW £405
  • Swindon Dark Brown Burnished Calf G-Fitting ONLY – WAS £460 – NOW £395
  • Tetbury Black Suede – WAS £385 – NOW £330
  • Tunbridge Coffee Burnished Calf – WAS £465 – NOW £355
Thanks FLE, is that a typo on the Skye III Chestnut, or is there really $50 more for the black calf?

flylikeneagle

Reaction score
Thanks FLE, is that a typo on the Skye III Chestnut, or is there really $50 more for the black calf?
As @Crafty Cumbrian has stated, not a typo. Surprising though, I would've expected Skye in that lovely chestnut color to be more in demand

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As @Crafty Cumbrian has stated, not a typo. Surprising though, I would've expected Skye in that lovely chestnut color to be more in demand
Ordered the Skye 3 in that awesome chestnut color , was surprised they still carried it and can’t wait to get them in next few days.
They had Radnor 4 in stock too on sale but I like the Skye 3 more than the plain toe Radnor 4 and although I know the Bakers Russian grain is nice. Wish they made the Bakers Russian grain in Skye 3 pattern.

flylikeneagle

Reaction score
Ordered the Skye 3 in that awesome chestnut color , was surprised they still carried it and can’t wait to get them in next few days.
They had Radnor 4 in stock too on sale but I like the Skye 3 more than the plain toe Radnor 4 and although I know the Bakers Russian grain is nice. Wish they made the Bakers Russian grain in Skye 3 pattern.
I'm with you, Skye is just a fantastic boot and that chestnut shade is gorgeous. 335 is a great boot last too. I'm not a big fan of plain toe boots and wish the Radnor had a faux (or real) cap toe. However, I don't own anything in Russian Grain so figured this is a good opportunity to get a pair in this beautiful leather.

Boot version of Peebles (which is on 335 ast) would've been perfect!
peebles-6316rd-4r-2.jpg

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm with you, Skye is just a fantastic boot and that chestnut shade is gorgeous. 335 is a great boot last too. I'm not a big fan of plain toe boots and wish the Radnor had a faux (or real) cap toe. However, I don't own anything in Russian Grain so figured this is a good opportunity to get a pair in this beautiful leather.

View attachment 1413890
Ideally, I would have ordered both so it was a tough decision. I have the Skye 3 in dark brown cordovan and the fit is amazing. I also have the Zug Snowdon which is on the same last as Radnor 4 and that one has a faux captoe which I prefer. Totally agree with you that Radnor 4 with a faux toe would have made it more appealing.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that SkyeIII is hard to pass up. Got preoccupied with more important things today, so didn’t get the chance to pull the trigger earlier. Hopefully they still have my size when they get back in on Monday.

K. Nights

Reaction score
How much wider is C&J's G width in comparison to E? I have a pair of Cavendish loafers which are great except they pinch my toes slightly. If I did an MTO on the same last but in G width would they likely be TOO wide?

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1413890
if I hadn’t recently purchased the shell cardigan I would have definitely been interested in the Peebles. It disappeared from the C&J site a little while back.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone please tell me I'm not crazy for passing on the Radnor in my size... I really have the all-weather boot category covered plus I'm awaiting my Hanger Project GMTO in the Russian grain leather. Just didn't see the value in dropping ~$1K for it. Liked the peebles too, but again just wasn't sure how it fit with the rest of my wardrobe. If anything may try and go back for the peebles...

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone please tell me I'm not crazy for passing on the Radnor in my size... I really have the all-weather boot category covered plus I'm awaiting my Hanger Project GMTO in the Russian grain leather. Just didn't see the value in dropping ~$1K for it. Liked the peebles too, but again just wasn't sure how it fit with the rest of my wardrobe. If anything may try and go back for the peebles...
In exactly the same boat. The Rannoch I had on yesterday does everything it would and the fact it’s purely a utilitarian boot excludes it for me. Well resisted sir! 😂😂

Reaction score
I am looking to pick up a rounded split toe to go with jeans and casual wear. I was going to pick up the Paraboot Avignon, but have a chance to pick up the C & J Durham in grain leather. I know that the 325 last isn't as rounded, but do you guys think it would work well with jeans/workwear etc?

reddargon

Reaction score
I am looking to pick up a rounded split toe to go with jeans and casual wear. I was going to pick up the Paraboot Avignon, but have a chance to pick up the C & J Durham in grain leather. I know that the 325 last isn't as rounded, but do you guys think it would work well with jeans/workwear etc?
I don't have the Durham, but the 325 last works well with jeans. I wear my Conistons mainly with jeans, so I imagine the Durham would wear similarly.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.