• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw that as well, stated UK 11, US12 (EU 45). Sucks that RL/CJ had to be so inconsistant on these. I guess it could be a true US12, or they got it wrong and it's basically an 11.5 US perhaps.
You could ask the seller directly. His other listing was 12D Barrie, which fits like 12.5D

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Latest arrival

Cardigan in dark brown shell

5346B2E5-2035-4145-850B-AB732DA77C2A.jpeg
D98035B3-BC3C-48E7-A59B-301872F23887.jpeg

ducatiti

Reaction score
Just received the U-Throat C&J c/o BB. I would suggest to go a half size bigger because these are narrow. Worked perfectly for me. Of all the Peal shoes I’ve ordered, these are probably my favorite (other than the shells) :) This are the only pair that seemto be untouched from the factory due to the way it was packaged and all.

Now what color are these?

70569829-0D64-4AD1-A195-8E14CE4A55FB.jpeg
B36A2795-1CBA-4CFE-8727-A0A726AB4509.jpeg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received the U-Throat C&J c/o BB. I would suggest to go a half size bigger because these are narrow. Worked perfectly for me. Of all the Peal shoes I’ve ordered, these are probably my favorite (other than the shells) :) This are the only pair that seemto be untouched from the factory due to the way it was packaged and all.

Now what color are these?

View attachment 1407931 View attachment 1407932

Congratulations on your purchase, and I would guess the color is chestnut.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification! In my case, I can deal with it slightly larger; but if I was reading it wrong and the 12 fits more like 11.5, then that wouldn't work for me.
I have an RL shell tassel loafer for sale in Sz 12 if you're interested, I'll PM photos.

ducatiti

Reaction score
Congratulations on your purchase, and I would guess the color is chestnut.

Thanks. Do you think Saphir light or medium brown is more appropriate for polish/wax? I really don't want to spend for another color just for one pair of shoes.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Do you think Saphir light or medium brown is more appropriate for polish/wax? I really don't want to spend for another color just for one pair of shoes.

Between the two polishes, I'd opt for the light brown, rather than the medium, but it will tone down the soft orange tone of the original leather. Just my two centimes' worth of advice.

Phoenician

Reaction score
What’s the verdict on the CJ Dainite made “city” rubber sole that seem to be reserved for some dressier models? I suppose it’s supposed to be a midpoint between leather and the thicker nubbed Dainite?

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good advice. I may just go with neutral. I love the orange hue :)

I love my chestnut Connaught but I am aiming to gradually tone the orange down over time. Nothing drastic just light applications of darker cream once in a while and some darker waxes.

I do like the original colour though. In direct sunlight it can look quite orange

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stunning coloration on those! What a pair of boots!

Thanks, I have been fancying some dark brown shell for a while and they haven’t disappointed.

I actually had my eye on this pair back in March and they sold before I got around to ordering. I was kicking myself for hesitating as these have been discontinued for a while.

Then just last week I noticed they were back in stock and it turned out the original sale had fallen through. So pleased to have finally got them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads