• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: NYC Paul Stuart Sample Sale April 13

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha, it was an eclectic mix. They had some PS employees there today that I didnt see yesterday. Had a nice conversation with one, very knowledgeable.

luminousgoo

Reaction score
This sale was amazing. I originally went to pick up some men's wear accessories as gifts but came out with more women's wear. I was not familiar with Paul Stuart's women's wear until this sale. The quality of their craftsmanship is wonderful especially considering the 90% off.

I am not quite sure how well they would sell on Ebay though. There does not seem to be a strong demand for or supply of Paul Stuart items.

I liked their Phineas line but did not see much selection when I went yesterday. Can any one tell me if there were more Phineas suits and jackets at the beginning of the sale?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
They ran out of shoe boxes?

Naw, I actually saw some when I was checking out & thought about it for a minute, but nah.

Funny thing is, I was able to get the Peal&Co. box I needed from BB, since I mistakedly went to PS on 45th
blush.gif

So it wasn't a total loss.

changejobs

Reaction score
I must say that this was a nice sale. i went yesterday and bought a total of 4 sports jackets coats - 2 for myself and 2 for my son. Getting nice $ 2000 jackets for $200 each was amazing. After reading earlier today that the suits went to 90% off, I decided to come back with my son arrived about 4.30. They had very little stock left compared to yesterday afternoon. We were very fortunate to get 2 nice suits for him at 90 % off and 2 additional sports jackets for me that were now down to $50 each. I was glad that none of the jackets we bought yesterday were left today. I'm looking forward to the sample sale next week at the same location.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went back for 5 minutes at 4:45, the place was decimated. Sportcoats now $50. all outerwear was gone, there were actually new suits and sportscoats out, some nice stuff, but too rushed, great fabrics, strange anemic cuts still... a lot of guys were buying the suit jackets first and then coming back for the pants. I did not buy anything - I figured if it was not just right, why buy?

ltontheqt

Reaction score
I may have to reassess my opinion of and strategy on this sale, provided it's held next year. I went the first day and posted here that I was unimpressed. Judging from the comments, and the additional markdowns, maybe I should not have gone on the first day. And next time I will try on more stuff, regardless of the listed size.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ltontheqt
I may have to reassess my opinion of and strategy on this sale, provided it's held next year. I went the first day and posted here that I was unimpressed. Judging from the comments, and the additional markdowns, maybe I should not have gone on the first day. And next time I will try on more stuff, regardless of the listed size.
I was going to go the first day and said "nah, it's gonna suck."

Big mistake. I only wish I had gone on the first day - perhaps there would have been some better fitting stuff in my size.

Also, wish I had been able to get there early this morning. Late yesterday I left a pair of slacks and a jacket that matched behind. Today, when I heard about the crazy discounts, I had hoped that I could come back and buy, but it was gone.
frown.gif

davidsj

Reaction score
My purchases today and late yesterday: From L-R: wool-silk-linen sportcoat ($50), wool-laine suit ($130), wool-silk sportcoat ($200), wool suit ($130). Some other stuff is at a tailor.

These are all size 38-89Semi or Long. If anybody wants to trade their size 36S/R, 37S/R or 38S stuff please let me know. I need to give something to my brother, can't keep it all.

Sorry for the bad picture quality:

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just tried on the 3 suits I scored & my wife was agape.

They all fit perfectly, I just have to hem the pants, add buttons & belt loops which I can do my self.

Awesome way to get kicked out of NPC April.

Also, I know this was a blessing as I had just given away:

5 dress shirts
2 wool trousers
3 chinos
5 ties
pair of cufflinks
1 briefcase

all to my youngest brother who needed them. Funny thing is, 2 of the suits I scored were very similar (but higher quality) to suits I had considered purchasing from Marshall's & STP.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads