• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

katabatic

Reaction score
looks great. How is the madras fabric? thin and breezey?

Yup - it's light weight, very soft. It even came out of the packaging without any new-shirt creases (although now that I think about it, maybe that has more to do with the fact that it's in the packaging for about two days, versus who knows how long for an off-the-rack shirt).

I was comfortable wearing it in 103 degree heat last Friday (well, as comfortable as it's possible to be in that kind of heat).

ccallis

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Hoping to get in more of a regular flow posting on Styleforum. We've been really focused on getting all of our product dialed in for fall and I couldn't be more excited about what we'll be releasing come Sept/Oct/Nov--stay tuned!

But not to be forgotten are some great, more classic fabrics from the last few weeks. Today we launched some really beautiful mini grids from Thomas Mason. They're some of the nicest dress fabrics we carry and made up in a super smooth 120/2 x 120/2 construction. The pattern is nice and subtle--feels almost like a solid from a distance, but a little more interesting once you get closer.

Last week we released a few colorful end-on-end checks that are looking great in full shirts. The end-on-end construction gives them a slightly more subdued look, as the color isn't so punchy. Construction is 100/2 x 100/2 Thomas Mason Silverline, which is just about our best reviewed quality across the board.

Plenty of other recent releases, but I figured I'd highlight those two as they've been looking great in the showroom. You can see all of them together on propercloth.com/fabrics

Also--wanted to get input from everyone here on fabric styles they're looking forward to for fall! Always looking for some feedback

Cheers,
Chris

coop86

Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on using the Roma Cutaway as a default collar for both dress shirts and more casual shirts? I might still go with the Ivy Button Down for linen and flannel shirts, but other than those fabrics, it seems the Roma Cutaway is most ideal.

dmourati

Reaction score
I'm seeing many more lavender shirts lately. I'm more of a conservative dresser but I'm leaning towards adding one to the rotation. I sort of view the lavender as a bit less daring than the pink while still being a bit bold.

Thoughts on this fabric:

Last edited:

roncfp

Reaction score
I'm seeing many more lavender shirts lately. I'm more of a conservative dresser but I'm leaning towards adding one to the rotation. I sort of view the lavender as a bit less daring than the pink while still being a bit bold.

Thoughts on this fabric:

It's a great fabric and color. It is very versatile as it goes with navy, gray and tan suits. Highly recommend it.

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a new shirt in bowery mint green pinpoint. I love this color. It's nice to have something different than light blue for a change. I'll post fit pics soon but it goes gorgeously well with navy imo.

Maybe this friday I'll get a fit pic going :slayer:

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bowery mint green pinpoint in action - Milano II collar

Last edited:

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from 'No Blues' Friday Challenge…

From Thursday night celebrating my 40th in Vegas!
Fotos courtesy of my lovely wife!

SF Family:
Jacket: Howard Yount Pale Yellow
Trousers: Epaulet Mid-Grey Merino
Shirt: Proper Cloth - White Royal Oxford
Tie: Sam Hober - B/W Shepherds Check
PS: Kent Wang - White Linen
Links: Kent Wang - Oval MOP
Socks: Howard Yount Grey Linen
Shoes: Alden 907

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of pictures of Proper Cloth Soft Ivy BD collar and their Soft President Cutaway, especially on their Inspiration tumblr.

But I'd like to see a few pictures of their Roma and Milano II collars, with and without tie, with and without jacket. I know it might be asking too much, just thought I'd try!

Thanks

jeffreywlai

Reaction score
For those unaware, Proper Cloth had finally released their 100% Linen shirts last week. Even though Fall is coming, these are perfect for those still living in hotter climates.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member