1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Prometheus (Ridley Scott's Alien "Prequel" )

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jrd617, Jan 3, 2012.

1. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Surprised there isn't a thread yet. Supposed to explain the mysterious "Space Jockey" civilization from the first movie.

Good cast. Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, and Idris Elba

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  2. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

The buzz for this is all over the place. The trailer tells you virtually nothing. It's supposed to be set before Alien, but is also supposed to involve time travel, which might explain why the Nostromo was sent to the planet in the first place.

3. Eason

Eason Senior member

I like how it has an old-school feel to it, it doesn't look like shitty fake CGI; It looks real, like the old movie.

4. gort

gort Senior member

As a big Alien fan, I am very excited for this movie. :bigstar:

5. jarude

jarude Senior member

considering the shameful awfulness the alien franchise has become, i really hope this doesnt blow. alien was excellent, aliens was enjoyable, everything after that i've erased from memory.

6. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

The Nostromo didn't time travel to LV-246 in the first movie. It was a commercial towing vessel pulling an ore refinery that received an intelligent signal from the crashed "Derelict" ship. I rewatched the first movie a couple nights ago. :slayer:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  7. FLMountainMan

I realize that. But if you watch the first and second movie again, you'll see that the Weyland Corp sent the Nostromo there deliberately. How did they know to send it there?

I'm not saying it's Aliens, but.....

8. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Correct, the company knew what was inside of the Derelict and sent the Nostromo into harm's way knowing that it would have to respond to the signal.

You can see the Weyland logo on the trucks in the loading bay in the trailer. I'm guessing that this is about one of the company's earlier experiences with the Derelict.

9. gort

gort Senior member

Alien Resurrection was shit.

I don't include the AVP movies when talking about the Alien franchise as those are just, whatever. Although the story of the first AVP movie was kind of neat.

10. boogaboogabooga

boogaboogabooga Senior member

Super jacked for this. It looks phenomenal. Hopefully Ridley Scott isn't in whatever mode he made his last few Russell Crowe/Orlando Bloom flicks.

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

100% going to depend how ballsy the studio is. if they are willing to let it run as R it'll probably be nice, but if they bitch out and go for PG13.. no thanks

12. Barnabus

Barnabus Senior member

I just read Hr Giger is going to be working with this movie too:slayer:

13. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

via Empire Magazine Issue 272 - Feb 2012

14. jarude

jarude Senior member

rewatched the trailer and after that little interview i am officially hyped up. looks awesome

15. Lighthouse

Lighthouse Senior member

Ridley Scott is my favorite director. So I will see this movie.

1 person likes this.
  16. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

The first movie totally freaked me out as a kid. I liked Aliens, but never saw any of the others. I think this one sounds pretty interesting.

17. FLMountainMan

18. javyn

javyn Senior member

HUGE Alien fan....HUGE Giger fan...I'm jerkin the gerkin waiting for this one.

1 person likes this.
  19. javyn

javyn Senior member

Alien was brilliant, Aliens was eh...okay but don't mistake it for horror, just a big budget action sequel. Alien 3 to me seemed more true to the original and was the last Alien film I "count" as part of that franchise.

20. Nil

Nil Senior member