1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Prices Carmina shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stilmacher, Jun 14, 2007.

1. banis

banis Senior member

Yes, we're well aware of Medvedev's desire to remain the President, and the PM's seeming desire to want to take power again. The only reason why we feel that there's a split among the President and the PM is because they seem to be giving contradictory messages, and they keep deliberating over whether Medvedev will be running again in 2012. Would you say that most Russians are in favor of the PM becoming the President again? Frankly, do you think the existing political system is good for Russia? Or would you say there needs to be more liberalization?

*I have TEXTBOOK understandings of how Russians think, but would like to know if it is true with you! [​IMG]

I don't think that this thread should be derailed anymore with the Russian politics, but still... If you desire to discuss this topic, there are other subforums for such topics.

What they say is a ping-pong with each other. Those are mostly speeches without further actions on improvement. And what people think does not bother them. They and heir surrounding live in their own separate world.

Liberalization? Forget about it. Will not happen. It is impossible to register a political party for anyone who does not suck a d*ck to the regime. There is almost no opposition and it is not allowed to make its statements.

2. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

I was in Paris in April and wanted to order a pair that was out of stock. Price in the Paris store was a bit higher than from Spain, but shipping was cheaper. Also, when they ship outside EU, neither Spanish, nor Paris shops do not deduct VAT. Do not know exact reasons.

I would have also been fascinated, live I somewhere outside this country and all the shit happening around. [​IMG])
    Do you just study Russia or Russian language also?

do you guys have number I can call, considering order it from UK...

3. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

do you guys have number I can call, considering order it from UK...

ever heard of google search?

4. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

Went to the carmina store in barcelona to have a look. Was not impressed with the leather and selection for the most part... C&J leather seems to be higher quality.

They did not have many styles I was interested in but the cordovan looked nice... a bit shiny for my taste and around 500 euros minimum

5. Galix

Galix Senior member

Went to the carmina store in barcelona to have a look. Was not impressed with the leather and selection for the most part... C&J leather seems to be higher quality. They did not have many styles I was interested in but the cordovan looked nice... a bit shiny for my taste and around 500 euros minimum
    I have to agree. Not with the leather thing, though. But the store is far from impressive. Specially if you actually want to buy something. When I just passed by or just entered for a quick look everything seems in order. Nice helpful staff, an Ok selection of shoes, etc. But that's only what it looks like. Last weekend went to buy a pair of shoes and went out empty handed. Why? Because they didn't have a single pair in my size. And it's a 7F, nothing special. I asked for several models I liked and all the sizes they had were either too small or too big. And another thing I really disliked is their policy concerning their catalog: if they have a pair of shoes in ther catalog, but none of the stores have them in stock, then ordering them to the factory is considered an special order, thus increasing the price by 30%. WTF?? But the staff are actually very helpful and they really met my expectations. They have ordered several models from all the stores (Madrid and Paris) so I can try them on. So I'm waiting their call because I do think the shoes in general are very nice and very good quality.

6. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

^ the barcelona store is new. Be patient with them. Yes, sizing is an issue. So be it.

Carmina are the BEST cordovan shoemakers. this is their specialty. Again, Cordovan is their specialty.

Yes, 7F is an unusual size, and they might not stock it. That's awesome they are ordering in different models for you to try on.

Weird that Carmina does not do lasted shoe trees, but c'est la vie.

The 30% upcharge from their catalogue is annoying, but most stores charge way more than that.

7. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Carmina are the BEST cordovan shoemakers. this is their specialty. Again, Cordovan is their specialty.

Carmina does an exquisite job with shell for certain and I love the pairs I have. That being said, Vass' shell are right up there in quality as are the offerings from Edward Green. Come to think of it, Ron Rider does an amazing job as well.

8. Galix

Galix Senior member

^ I would not consider a UK 7F size that unusual. I've been buying shoes for years and never happened such thing. Even in much smaller stores, like Tricker's' on Jermyn Street. The thing I criticize about Carmina is its corporate policy on stores. If you come to a big market like Barcelona, do it right. If you go to the stores in Madrid or Paris the thing is totally different. And I love their shoes. No doubt they're awesome. And in some way I'm glad they spend their effort in making shoes and not in overhauling their way of doing business at corporate level [​IMG]

9. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

barcelona is not a big market. there was a carmina there before and it closed, so they are taking this slow

10. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

That's because Barcelona is filled with drunk American college students.

11. ruzzi

ruzzi Senior member

I need a first pair of decent black shoes (for my wedding) and also some brown shoes. Carmina's looking pretty interesting.

I am going to HK next weekend and before my wedding I will also be in Paris and Barcelona.

Where will I get the best price and biggest range?

12. asturiano

asturiano Senior member

When you go to Barcelona please check El Corte Ingles (big department store in Spain) They are stocking now Carmina shoes (again). In Barcelona you have a couple of them. One at the top of Las Ramblas and another one in Diagonal.

El Corte Ingles used to stock Carmina until a couple of years back. When they stopped selling Carmina there was a big sale to get rid of stocks.
    Price were 50% off at what time

13. Fine Young Gentleman

Fine Young Gentleman Member

When I stopped by the store in Paris they shopkeepers said the widest selection can be found at the stores in Spain, unfortunately, he did not specify which stores. I would also imagine the prices would be best in Spain

14. Galix

Galix Senior member

Madrid is their biggest store, and Paris is also well assorted . Barcelona's is quite small. Here in Barcelona they had always to ask the other stores to send the shoes here so I had the chance of trying them on.

But if you're going for specific models instead of just browsing, just call the store in Barcelona and ask if they have them and if they have your size. If not, I'm pretty confident they can ask the other stores for them so they'll have them once you get there. It takes around 3 working since they call all the other stores and receive them (in my own experience).

15. Galix

Galix Senior member

Damned! I didn't know that... If you see something like this in the future, please send me a PM :cheers:

16. shoeme

shoeme Well-Known Member

I will be in Madrid in mid January. Does anyone know if Carmina specifically has sales at that time? If so, what are the general discounts like?
    I may also be in the UK and am interested in getting some C&J - does London have sales in mid Jan as well?

17. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

There are generalized sales in Spain starting early January (i guess this year they will start on Jan 9). Not sure about Carmina but it's quite probable they will have some.

18. engar

engar Senior member

Maybe at El Corte Inglés located in Serrano.

19. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

Last time I checked they weren't carrying any Carmina shoes... will have to check, as I'm looking to get a couple pairs. Will report here if I see something.

20. iroh

iroh Senior member

looking to buy a pair of carmina shoes,they look greeaaat, I just need a list of online stores that ship to canada, anyone provide a list?