1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Prices Carmina shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stilmacher, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Fine Young Gentleman

Fine Young Gentleman Member

2. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

is the Carmina Retail store the best/cheapest place to buy carmina shoes in Barcelona?
    i am keen to buy a pair but want to find the best prices!

3. Galix

Galix Senior member

is the Carmina Retail store the best/cheapest place to buy carmina shoes in Barcelona?
    i am keen to buy a pair but want to find the best prices!

I've been living in Barcelona for a couple of months now, so my knowledge is limited on this issue. Nevertheless my experience is that their own store is the only place to find them.
    In any case prices were lower than I expected, so I'd go there. Well, actually I'll go shopping there in a couple of weeks when June is over (damned Non Purchase Club! [​IMG])

4. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

Galix, thanks!
    what are the typical prices for shoes?

i am going to barca next week and am worried I am going to drop alot of cash on shoes once I am there... they look sooo good

5. PiedBeau

PiedBeau Well-Known Member

In their parisian shop, prices start at 295 € up to 350 €, depending on model.
    Cordovan shoes are retailed around 500 € i think.

6. Galix

Galix Senior member

Galix, thanks!
    what are the typical prices for shoes?

i am going to barca next week and am worried I am going to drop alot of cash on shoes once I am there... they look sooo good

Well, from what I saw prices ranged from aprox. 150 € for a pair of suede loafers to around 575 € for cordovan boots.

But those are extremes. Most of them where somewhere around 350 €. So I wouldn't expect to spend less than 350 € because you'll want to buy them all.

7. asturiano

asturiano Senior member

I was in Madrid last week. At the window display on the Madrid shop the prices were €340 for a pair or nice brogues in suede and €495 for Cordovan.

In El Cortes Ingles (just across the road) they have Santoni FAM, Church's and Allen Edmonds for €+500.
    All the other spanish brands (Barrats, George's and Yanko were around €230. Magnanni's shoes were at €180 if I am correct.

8. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

is Carmina considered the highest quality spanish shoes? from what i have read, these are on par with C&Js or better
    the website looks amazing, i might buy a pair or two of these guys while im in barca

also, do they remove VAT if you are from the US?

9. justsayno

justsayno Senior member

10. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Senior member

Ny idea how much they charge for shipping to the US?

11. banis

banis Senior member

It was 60EUR for shipping to Russia from Mallorca. Paris store quoted me 35 EUR to Russia.
    I assume it should be about the same to the US.

12. bboysdontcryy

Thanks. Did you check the prices at a few stores, or did you just get it from Paris?

On a side note, I'm actually a student studying Russia - pretty interesting stuff happening man, with the reversion to authoritarianism under Vladimir Vladimirovich. Really fascinated with Russia.

13. banis

banis Senior member

I was in Paris in April and wanted to order a pair that was out of stock. Price in the Paris store was a bit higher than from Spain, but shipping was cheaper. Also, when they ship outside EU, neither Spanish, nor Paris shops do not deduct VAT. Do not know exact reasons. I would have also been fascinated, live I somewhere outside this country and all the shit happening around. [​IMG]) Do you just study Russia or Russian language also?

14. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

sorry i wasnt clear, any ideas if they deduct VAT in stores?

15. Galix

Galix Senior member

sorry i wasnt clear, any ideas if they deduct VAT in stores?

Not 100% sure about this, but if I'm not mistaken in the entire EU the VAT deduction is not done by the stores you buy at, but at the airport (or other places alike) where you can find official agencies. But at the store they have to provide you with a certificate or a receipt or something like this. Just ask there and they'll inform you better.

16. bboysdontcryy

Ha! Unfortunately, I only study the political system, and the culture, not the language! So what are people on the ground saying for 2012? Medvedev, or Vladimir Vladimirovich?

I was in Paris in April and wanted to order a pair that was out of stock. Price in the Paris store was a bit higher than from Spain, but shipping was cheaper. Also, when they ship outside EU, neither Spanish, nor Paris shops do not deduct VAT. Do not know exact reasons.

I would have also been fascinated, live I somewhere outside this country and all the shit happening around. [​IMG])
    Do you just study Russia or Russian language also?

17. banis

banis Senior member

Ha! Unfortunately, I only study the political system, and the culture, not the language! So what are people on the ground saying for 2012? Medvedev, or Vladimir Vladimirovich?
    Medvedev's recent interview to the Financial Times gives quite a good overview of current situation. In short - he wants to stay for the second time in the Kremlin. This time for 6 instead of 4 years (you are probably aware of the changes to the Constitution). But... it is not in his power to decide whether he will stay or not.

18. koolhistorian

koolhistorian Senior member

Very interesting leap from Carmina shoes to Vova and Mitea - "nash rukavaditel' i nash president"!

19. bboysdontcryy

Yes, we're well aware of Medvedev's desire to remain the President, and the PM's seeming desire to want to take power again. The only reason why we feel that there's a split among the President and the PM is because they seem to be giving contradictory messages, and they keep deliberating over whether Medvedev will be running again in 2012. Would you say that most Russians are in favor of the PM becoming the President again? Frankly, do you think the existing political system is good for Russia? Or would you say there needs to be more liberalization? *I have TEXTBOOK understandings of how Russians think, but would like to know if it is true with you! [​IMG]
    Medvedev's recent interview to the Financial Times gives quite a good overview of current situation. In short - he wants to stay for the second time in the Kremlin. This time for 6 instead of 4 years (you are probably aware of the changes to the Constitution). But... it is not in his power to decide whether he will stay or not.

20. bboysdontcryy

Few free to chime in! [​IMG] After all, under the USSR, the USSR did have strong control over Romania, and it would be interesting to note if there is any remaining trace of Soviet influence in Romania.

Very interesting leap from Carmina shoes to Vova and Mitea - "nash rukavaditel' i nash president"!