• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prices Carmina shoes

david3558

Reaction score

I'll be in Barcelona in about 3 weeks. Looking forward to seeing the shell in person and snagging a pair or two. Regarding VAT, do i just get the forms from Carmina and submit at the airport (as I've done in London)? Thanks.

Hey PhiloVance, just wondering how that worked out for you. I'm headed there this summer too - just trying to map out all the good shops to hit up in Barca.

flanker2000fr

Reaction score
Within the course of a year, I've bought 6 pair of Carminas, which is fast becoming my favorite brand, ahead of C&J. Main reason is that the quality is on par, but prices are 20%-30% cheaper. And their cordovan models are unparallelled (and yes, I've owned Alden).

Of those 6 pairs, 3 came from their Paris store, 1 from the Bacelone shop, 1 from Madrid Gran Via, and 1 from Madrid Claudio Coello. I haven't visited their Madrid Serrano store yet.

By far, the best selection is to be found at Claudio Coello. The store is easily twice as big as any of their other stores. Paris and Gran Via are OK, Barcelona slightly disappointing when it comes to the selection.

At the end of January, when I was in Madrid, the sales were on. I bought a pair of cognac cordovan penny loafers in the Forest last, at EUR 300, which was an absolute steal. I think they were discontinuing this color. With the sales, a number of calf models could be found in the EUR 200 - 250 range. At that price, I'd have bought 5 more pairs if I'd had enough space in my suitcase.

Otherwise, regular prices are a bit cheaper in Spain as they are in Paris. Cordovans at EUR 550 in Paris can be found at EUR 495 in Spain, if I recall correctly.

Service is superb: I was buying the calf / suede spectator earlier this week in Paris, and while I was trying for size, Luis (the store manager) decided to take my C&J suede Chukkas to clean them.

The Armoury, which I visited in April, has a more limited selection compared to any Carmina store, but they do have models that are commissioned for them only, like the suede stringloafer. Brilliant stuff.

Lastly, Carminas can be found at Trading Post in Japan. Prices are sky high thanks to import taxes and the strong Yen.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Boris

Last edited:

Ricini

Reaction score
I agree that the shop on Coello has the best selection of the Madrid shops, though keep in mind that It is very strangely lit in there. The shop on Serrano is very small, a closet really. The Gran Via shop, if you're interested, has some reduced stock year-round, all of which is either discontinued or second quality.

im2bz2p

Reaction score
Carmina has a store across from the Crte Inglés in Serrano ,very close to the one at Claudio Coello

ademarco

Reaction score
Betty is very responsive and I am about to put an order in for the double monk in saddle shell MTO in my size for 650 euro plus 40 euro shipping to the U.S. She stated it takes 10 weeks to be made and then shipped. My first MTO shoe and haven't even tried it on, but thanks for everyone's real world experiences with this company.

fllick

Reaction score
Hi. A newbie here. Can anyone tell me the prices for carmina's oxfords, derbies for rtw shoes? can't seem to find the recent prices. Thanks for any help! :)

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All covered now.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads