• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pre 1 night stand/hook up dialogue and stories

SpontaneousRepartee

Reaction score
As i was browsing, I noticed quite a number of threads asking such things as dating advice, pick up lines, witty responses and so on. They often end up quite disagreeably for the OP with many remarks avoiding the question, critisizing him; and very few constructive posts.

The 'intimidated by a girl that's into me' and 'what to say when someone says nice hat' posts are prime examples. This is what actually prompted me to create an account. I've been browsing this for 2 days now. My father used to go on here back when it was first started.

So i realized this is one of the few things that requesting bespoke isn't the right choice. Let's try an "off the rack" sampler of stories and dialogue quotes of member's successful pick ups. This will be entertaining as well as providing the 'un-initiated' with good practical advice and saving them the trouble to request tailored for the price of their time on the public stockings and a bit of water otherwise used for washing off the stains of vegetables thrown at them.

Be sure to describe the situation that led up to the event and such. Your age and age/stereotype of the woman(en) will also be helpful. [well for the college kids to select a u last to try, i imagine it'll be for comic purposes for most of us; ironically i'm not even in college yet]

I'll start-
This is in Macau where i'm on holiday. The girl is a tourist, studentish. I'm 18, she seems to be around 18 to 21. We are in a cafe.
I grab her bag and run. She chases. I abruptly stop, turn around, extend my hand out with her bag, and say "my friend put me up to this, so he could catch me, and thus meet you. I suppose he decided at the last moment you arn't worth meeting." I throw her the bag, then start to walk back to the cafe. As i pass her, she asks "where's your friend?"

me: " You don't think i would betray my friend like this." Pausing "do you?"
I continue waking to see if she follows, she does. [if she doesn't i would've had someting ingenious]

Her: "go to hell"

me: " I really don't mind...if it's a two way trip." Pausing. "with your company, of course."
I see 'oculus ex inferni' written on the cover of her text book.
"oculus ex inferni...view from hell, the sightseeing there must be an attraction. Well, i promise i'll accompany you there some day; for now, the sights outside my hotel room arn't that bad."

Score.

Your turn. And i'll save whoever it will be who will say it a post and a post-count by saying epic potential.

BTW, I LOVE THIS FORUM. Browsed a couple including ask andy, london lounge. Im definitely sticking here.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
peepwall[1].gif

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me: Hi
Her: OMFG I NEED YOU RIGHT NOW!
Me: Okay. If you insist.

Korben

Reaction score
Me (in my youth): Hey, wanna get out of here?

Her (typically the 1 in 5 rule applies): OK...

If i was better looking maybe it would be a smaller ratio but.. you have to play with the cards you are dealt.

good times.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the moral of the story is to steal from girls to meet them?
confused.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
i tend to just say 'who the **** are you?'

seriously. Last night most recently, some aerobics instructor who came to my boxing class. Got her number.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T

seriously. Last night most recently, some aerobics instructor who came to my boxing class. Got her number.

This is awesome, but I assume she didn't give you her number immediately after? That would be something.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To the OP: Bullshit.
lurker[1].gif

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T

I can see this working if said with a roguish smile or a raised eyebrow or something. Said in the right way this could be flattering.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
My most bizarre pickup came at 6:00pm on a Friday. I'd just put in five straight grueling days, probably fifty to sixty hours of lobbying. I walk into my regular bar, stone cold sober but sleep-deprivation-drunk, and just decided to jump on the bar and begin singing "Take Me Home Tonight" by Eddie Money. To this day, I have no idea why. Two of my friends who are bartenders began laughing and singing along, and then A gaggle of college girls joined in. Took one home about three hours later.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads