• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new Tissot PR516 Mechanical Chronograph.

Screenshot (1455).png

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I largely consider Tudor's entire lineup to be boring and ugly, but that one I kinda like.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I largely consider Tudor's entire lineup to be boring and ugly, but that one I kinda like.

Agreed, it seems that something is always off with them, as though Rolex would reserve any attention to their main range and little or none for Tudor. This one strikes me with that incredibly "cool" pink dial.

Last edited:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe they're really impressive and interesting when you see them in real life, but online, it seems like 95% of Tudor's offerings are some slight variation of the Black Baylagos- an ordinary looking dive watch with the most distinguishing feature being the snowflake hands. Which I dislike intensely, as it happens.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe they're really impressive and interesting when you see them in real life, but online, it seems like 95% of Tudor's offerings are some slight variation of the Black Baylagos- an ordinary looking dive watch with the most distinguishing feature being the snowflake hands. Which I dislike intensely, as it happens.

Yes, also never impressed by Tudor, I bought a Royal Day-Date, but it's certainly not among the favourites in my collection.

Tudor is considered the poor man's Rolex and it also looks and feels so.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone will turn up his nose, but I love this new Tudor Black Bay Chrono "Pink" (an amazingly cool shade).

View attachment 2157225

That's probably the best looking shade of pink I've seen on a watch in a long time.

Regarding the Tudor conversation, most of their stuff is pretty meh to me but there have been some exceptions over the years. I really liked the Ranger and have been tempted a few times over the years (but I absolutely love the Explorer and I know buying a Ranger would just make me want to spend the money on an Explorer even more so I've thankfully avoided that purchase) and the North Flag was always a fun looking, and slightly quirky, watch. I tried it on at a local shop a few times a few years back, but just could never bring myself to purchase it.

I did however buy the GMT Black Bay Pro last year and it's one of those watches that has caused me to sell off a whole bunch of other pieces since this one gets worn so much. It fits me great and is super comfortable and it looks so much better in person than most of the photos I've seen online.

A couple photos of my Black Bay that I posted here back in December:

img_6154-jpeg.2084565

img_6156-jpeg.2084567

I'd love to get a vintage Tudor Sub but those prices are more than I usually like to spend on one watch.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only Tudor I've ever liked unreservedly online is the Heritage Chrono in blue
1000001492.jpg

It got bonus points in my mind for having a 12 hour bezel, rather that the ubiquitous, and useless, tach scale. Then I went to a store and tried it on, and it just didn't feel right. Something about the bracelet and overall finishing felt janky and cheap.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I first fell in the rabbit hole I bought a lot of very affordable Invictas. Didn't take long for my taste to get more expensive. This is the only one that I kept.
View attachment 2159485

That's not a bad looking Invicta. Any idea how long ago you bought that one? Invicta makes a lot of oversized, gaudy trash but every once in a while I'll see one that I like. I love the subtle checkerboard design on the dial and like how they included that little dive helmet logo on the endlinks. That's an interesting detail.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's not a bad looking Invicta. Any idea how long ago you bought that one? Invicta makes a lot of oversized, gaudy trash but every once in a while I'll see one that I like. I love the subtle checkerboard design on the dial and like how they included that little dive helmet logo on the endlinks. That's an interesting detail.
I'm guessing at least ten years ago.

shoewarma

Reaction score
The only Tudor I've ever liked unreservedly online is the Heritage Chrono in blue
View attachment 2159557
It got bonus points in my mind for having a 12 hour bezel, rather that the ubiquitous, and useless, tach scale. Then I went to a store and tried it on, and it just didn't feel right. Something about the bracelet and overall finishing felt janky and cheap.
IMG_20211018_133627.jpg

That's because it's huge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads