• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Polo Bel Air Crocodile Loafer sizing question

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently sold a pair of Polo Bel Air croc loafers to someone. I could have sworn they were a size 8D. But this guy says that they are in fact 8C and wants his money back. I'm fine giving the guy his money back, but I SWEAR they were 8D. I have only the following picture of the inside writing of the shoe: picture You can clearly see the letters LG 9910 C. But that's not where the size was written, so I'm not sure that C has anything to do with width at all.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think that C means anything. There isn't a size associated with it. I'm not even aware of Polo selling anything in a C width. Maybe Purple Label, which usually needs to be ordered, but not Polo. And the fact that it is an exotic skin makes me less likely to believe it was a C. Those usually only come in regular widths.

Patrick Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the Polo RL shoes I've seen have a number before the letter designating width, i.e. 12D rather than D by itself.

oldskool

Reaction score
I got them on Bluefly and the 11.5 I ordered did not fit (more like a 10). I would say they run small on recent personal experience.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.