• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pitti Uomo 89 Day 4

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We woke up way too late on day 4. The night before was spent in the good company of old & new friends. Dinner and drinks. Maybe a few too many of the drinks.

I hurried off to the fair while Erica got ready. I sat down in the press room at the fortezza to upload the pictures to yesterday´s post from Pitti, while simultaneously saying goodbye to all the people who popped by to say they were going home.

Usually, day 4 of Pitti is a real sad ordeal, it´s very empty of people outside, only a few, seemingly desperate peacocks lingering, and inside the fair people are packing up their booths. So I was quite surprised the Pitti area was at least half full of people enjoying a day of lovely sunshine. I had a mission for the day though, to look through a few select booths inside the main pavilion (where the most SF approved brands exhibit). To my disappointment most of them had already started to pack up their booths. We did however get to talk to a few interesting exhibitors. This year we decided to try something new with Styleforum's Instagram account, we did short video clips with different designers and exhibitors, seemed like a fun idea to bring a bit of sound and movement to the usual coverage, you can see them here.

Since most exhibitors were packed up we decided to enjoy the perfect weather and talk to some of the friends we've made outside the pavilion. As the sun was sinking, people started trailing off. When all the exhibitors and visitors were almost gone we decided to go watch the last rays of sunshine from a lovely spot on a hotel roof with our friend @Mr. Claymore (our constant brother in arms during Pitti).

When there was no more daylight left we decided to go and look around the city a bit. We looked at Liverano & Liverano, Frasi, and a bunch of women´s clothing shops (Erica had endured a week of #menswear, so it only seemed fair).

We ended up at a very nice trattoria, recommended by Frasi's store manager, called Trattoria 13 Gobbi. We can highly recommend it. Obviously a popular restaurant, since we ran into 3 other dinner parties there that we knew. Among those were @ammanati and his lovely wife, who we then took some drinks with at Caffe Gilli. It was a whole other experience being there post-Pitti. It was actually our favourite night there. We met with a small company of friends and acquaintances. More of that on Instagram.

The pictures:

If you want to see everything posted about Pitti Uomo 89, make sure you've subscribed to the #pitti89 tag.

Pictures from day 1.

Pictures from day 2.

Pictures from day 3.

RoSaCe

Reaction score
Thx Erik, good to see the famous french forumer Mistral, looking very sharp and the always dapper Mickael Francois Loir, from Le Loir en Papillon

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The rooftop pictures were charming. Thanks for your time and effort!

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thank you all for the comments during the week! Actually, Erica is equally much to thank for the pictures taken. We take about 50/50 of the pictures (when I've been in the press room to upload stuff she's been taking a lot of the street style pictures). Now we're gonna pack up and maybe take a quick stroll around Florence before going out to the airport.

RoSaCe

Reaction score
Thanks for the inspiration Erik, your pictures inspired me this sketch. As I didn't want to be offensive against anyone, you won't recognize anybody here, but your cover of the Pitti helped me a lot to design the outfits

Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Who are the red shoes made by?

tuc

Reaction score
^ I asked Ignatious Joseph about those shoes (we were in his private party on Tuesday) and they are bespoke but he did not mention who had made them.

He is a really charming man with good spirit. He had actually invited quite a lot of small new companies so that they can get contacts. I got to know more than 10 new people there. One of them was the incredible Mr. Butler.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks for the inspiration Erik, your pictures inspired me this sketch. As I didn't want to be offensive against anyone, you won't recognize anybody here, but your cover of the Pitti helped me a lot to design the outfits
Haha, this is so very accurate.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who are the red shoes made by?

^ I asked Ignatious Joseph about those shoes (we were in his private party on Tuesday) and they are bespoke but he did not mention who had made them.

He is a really charming man with good spirit. He had actually invited quite a lot of small new companies so that they can get contacts. I got to know more than 10 new people there. One of them was the incredible Mr. Butler.

I can´t talk about his personality since I do not know him, but as real shirtmaker myself, I can say he does poor shirts that even tries to allegedly scam the clients with this gimmick, disguising real handmade buttonholes calling them “handwelted” to fool spouses who believe are real handmade as a Kiton or real handmade shirts, while is a machinemade buttonhole with a few handmade stitches to fool the clients saying is handmade, while yes, is handmade,( a few stitches) but is not a real and proper handmade buttonhole, so he uses the marketing euphemism to fool people. SHAME.

The “shirt” I have from him even has crooked machinemade stitches, was inspected on the high tailoring school on Naples and the grandmasters said was unnaceptable, a poor job. Retail is 200-250 euros. Same as some of the best real shirts and even more.

A shirt that has similar price to a real Neapolitan one but has no pattern matching, plastic buttons, and is sewn very poorly, only that almost fake handwork and are done on the Switzerland Italian part.(Nothing bad on this)

I was scammed myself on the last decade on a “shirt” of him sold as 4mm button (plastic one that cost 1 cent or less) and the best shirtmaker of the world, ha, now after being a real shirtmaker myself know I was scammed on a shop that already was scammed on Pitti by the acting of this Ign Joseph, who is not shirtmaker himself.

The basic rule on any gentleman is not lying or faking, but this businessman, as he can´t be called tailor or shirtmaker, since he is not, just gives me the deepest shame as acting very dishonest on his for me, poor shirt business, based on simply fake marketing to fool good hearthed people who believes are good shirts while are not, and I am talking as real shirtmaker myself.

Sadly nowadays some people believes doing the hystrionic on expensive clothes and showing off on ridiculous and poorly fitted attires as well is being elegant or a true gentleman on the real and classic meaning of the word, a man with honour and dignity, a man who never lies or fakes while is just the contrary.

Here is an evidence of his “handwelted” as he calls it, buttonholes, to fool people, a machinemade buttonhole with a few cheapo stiches around. Again, the deepest shame.

Even the carton case he uses has copied the exact same corrugated carton as Kiton uses but in yellow. Again more shame.Thanks God this “shirts” are not on any good tailoring shop but only in fashion forward pittiesque ones.

I would ask to please do not promote this people who are intruders and fakers, acting on a deep dishonest way on the tailoring industry they do not belong and won´t ever belong to as per example this absolute disgusting, and badtasting French blog that having any idea, dares to talk as expertice about Italian Tailoring featuring all the intruders-pittiesques around. and even dares to call “master tailor” to a owner of a shop who is not a tailor, http://gentlemanchemistry.com/2014/09/21/ignatious-joseph/

Thank you.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads