1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pictures of grenson loafers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drizzt3117, Sep 20, 2004.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

This is the Grenson Radley, the masterpiece black penny loafer. Fit/finish is impeccable, they are a perfect fit for me, and I normally wear a 10.5E or 11D. These shoes are an 11D as you can see from the marking on the third picture. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Very sharp; nice close ups. How about one of the soles?

PS You need to pick up that plastic fork off the floor under the table.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Here is a picture of the sole, I picked up the fork [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Senior member

Beautiful shoes and a steal. But the marked size is 11D, and not 11E. I'm only interested in this because I take a 9E and the Bennie's website indicates that only D widths are available. I've emailed Chris to find out about E widths, for those of us with wider feet, and, if productive, will post the reply.

5. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

yes, I meant 11D, sorry, typo.

6. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

I'd be half afraid to walk on those soles. Amazing.

7. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I was wearing these shoes earlier today, and they are really comfortable, in addition to fitting well. Toe box seems to be quite nice, which is surprising because I have pretty wide feet.

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I'm wearing these today, they seem to break in rather quickly and are quite comfortable already, even though I've only worn them for about 30 minutes. The toe box on the 11D is a little snug initially but not tight. After a bit of wear I imagine it should be a perfect fit. They look quite nice as well.

9. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

wearing them two days in a row? [​IMG] or did you only try them on yesterday, not actually wear them... sweet looking loafers. i wonder, is it customary to have stitching around the eye-shaped opening in the front? how are you supposed to fit a penny in there with the stitching so close to the edge? [​IMG] (that's a half-serious question, by the way.) /andrew

10. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I just tried them on yesterday (well actually monday) and am actually wearing them today, been wearing sandals quite a bit lately because it is 90+ (very hot for Orange County)

11. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Senior member

The small opening seems designed for small British coins, not American pennies. It appears to be a very subtle form of anti-Americanism among our European allies. I'm also half-serious. [​IMG]