• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of grenson loafers

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is the Grenson Radley, the masterpiece black penny loafer. Fit/finish is impeccable, they are a perfect fit for me, and I normally wear a 10.5E or 11D. These shoes are an 11D as you can see from the marking on the third picture.
grenson1.jpg
grenson2.jpg
grenson3.jpg

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Very sharp; nice close ups. How about one of the soles?

PS You need to pick up that plastic fork off the floor under the table.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the sole, I picked up the fork
smile.gif
grenson4.jpg

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful shoes and a steal. But the marked size is 11D, and not 11E. I'm only interested in this because I take a 9E and the Bennie's website indicates that only D widths are available. I've emailed Chris to find out about E widths, for those of us with wider feet, and, if productive, will post the reply.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was wearing these shoes earlier today, and they are really comfortable, in addition to fitting well. Toe box seems to be quite nice, which is surprising because I have pretty wide feet.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm wearing these today, they seem to break in rather quickly and are quite comfortable already, even though I've only worn them for about 30 minutes. The toe box on the 11D is a little snug initially but not tight. After a bit of wear I imagine it should be a perfect fit. They look quite nice as well.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wearing them two days in a row?
cry.gif
or did you only try them on yesterday, not actually wear them... sweet looking loafers. i wonder, is it customary to have stitching around the eye-shaped opening in the front? how are you supposed to fit a penny in there with the stitching so close to the edge?
smile.gif
(that's a half-serious question, by the way.) /andrew

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just tried them on yesterday (well actually monday) and am actually wearing them today, been wearing sandals quite a bit lately because it is 90+ (very hot for Orange County)

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wonder, is it customary to have stitching around the eye-shaped opening in the front? how are you supposed to fit a penny in there with the stitching so close to the edge? Â
smile.gif
(that's a half-serious question, by the way.) /andrew
The small opening seems designed for small British coins, not American pennies. It appears to be a very subtle form of anti-Americanism among our European allies. I'm also half-serious.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads