• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures from Costa Rica

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice action shots, I particularly like this one:
21alocalsbreak5alg6.jpg
Surfer chick booty crack =
inlove.gif

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great pics. Please fill us in on the camera. Who If I ever go to Costa Rica for any reason you need to point me in the direction of that bar. It looks unreal.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Great pics. Please fill us in on the camera. Who If I ever go to Costa Rica for any reason you need to point me in the direction of that bar. It looks unreal.
Easily the best sunset bar in CR. That's where I'm taking Mauro for happy hour once we head down to the beach. That whole area is littered with hillside bars that are simply ******* sick. It's rare when I'm sober in that neck of the woods.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they serve Jaegerbombs there?

Sabrosa

Reaction score
Thanks guys (and gal!), I'm glad you like the pictures! These are my 35 or so favorites out of the 300+ that I took on the trip. All of them were taken with a Nikon D80 and 18-200mm VR lens, although I have to say the location played a pretty big role in how they turned out.
laugh.gif
Who, that bar looks awesome and I love night shots like that. I really need to get a tripod and learn how to use my camera better so I can take some myself. I'm thinking I could get some cool shots of downtown Gainesville from the roof of my office at night. Next time I come to CR hopefully you'll have more free time and you can show me around a bit.

Sabrosa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Nice action shots, I particularly like this one: Surfer chick booty crack =
inlove.gif

Haha, I figured you guys would like that one...out of the ones I posted that's the only one I enlarged and cropped.
inlove.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Do they serve Jaegerbombs there?
Not EVERYWHERE, but in general, yes, yes they do. That bar does for sure.
Originally Posted by Sabrosa
Thanks guys (and gal!), I'm glad you like the pictures! These are my 35 or so favorites out of the 300+ that I took on the trip. All of them were taken with a Nikon D80 and 18-200mm VR lens, although I have to say the location played a pretty big role in how they turned out.
laugh.gif
Who, that bar looks awesome and I love night shots like that. I really need to get a tripod and learn how to use my camera better so I can take some myself. I'm thinking I could get some cool shots of downtown Gainesville from the roof of my office at night. Next time I come to CR hopefully you'll have more free time and you can show me around a bit.

I took that photo using the "nightscene" mode on my little p&s (exposure time 4 sec, f/2.8, 38mm, ISO 80) and propped it up against the step of the restaurant behind it. Hell, if I can do that with a simple digital I'm sure you could work some serious magic. Come down to CR and I'll show you around town some more. Santa Me brought me a Canon XS with the 18-55mm kit lens and an additional 50mm/1.8 lens in his sack this Christmas. Expect better pics once Mauro comes down next month.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads