• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peru

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you had a great time. I think that the "town at the foot of Macchu Picchu" to which you are referring is Aguas Calientes.

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brax
It sounds like you had a great time. I think that the "town at the foot of Macchu Picchu" to which you are referring is Aguas Calientes.
It is indeed Aguas Calientes, I've never seen so many pizzerias in one place.
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
photos of the peccary gloves from peru please
My pleasure. These are handmade/handsewn.
gloves1.jpg
gloves3.jpg
gloves4.jpg
gloves2.jpg

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dv3
It is indeed Aguas Calientes, I've never seen so many pizzerias in one place.

My pleasure. These are handmade/handsewn.

gloves1.jpg

gloves3.jpg

gloves4.jpg

gloves2.jpg

interesting gloves. the bottoms are machine sewn. looks quite different from my peccary gloves - wonder why these look so different from the peccary I've seen before? (grain wise)

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
interesting gloves. the bottoms are machine sewn. looks quite different from my peccary gloves - wonder why these look so different from the peccary I've seen before? (grain wise)

You are probably correct on the bottoms. Nevertheless, they are the nicest ones I saw. Perhaps they look different because all of the other peccary gloves you saw were black, whereas these are brown.
sarcasm.gif

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dv3
You are probably correct on the bottoms. Nevertheless, they are the nicest ones I saw. Perhaps they look different because all of the other peccary gloves you saw were black, whereas these are brown.
sarcasm.gif

nope. i have brown peccary. yours are tan
teacha.gif

i just got a bunch (two) carpincho gloves. The bottoms are also machine made (but the rest were custom).

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dv3
sarcasm.gif

nope. i have brown peccary. yours are tan
teacha.gif

i just got a bunch (two) carpincho gloves. The bottoms are also machine made (but the rest were custom).

bcx

Reaction score
Do I need hiking boots if all I'm doing is visiting Machu Picchu? I don't plan on doing multi-day treks, just maybe one day's worth but no more than that.

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No you shouldn't. I wore running shoes on the four day hike (hiking shoes are way overrated) and at Machu Picchu.

Is Machu Picchu open again? They just had really bad flooding and mud slides in the town below it, Aguas Calientes (the only access point if you don't do the hike), and it really messed a lot of things up. People had to be evacuated by helicopter. Look into this!

bcx

Reaction score
If that's the case then are even running shoes necessary? Could I get away with a comfortable pair of non-athletic casual shoes/boots?

I'm not going for a few months so hopefully the site will have reopened.

Edit: MP is supposed to open again in April

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads