• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Napoli Bespoke Suit Fittings - Timing

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Hi All,

Seeking advice from those who have worked with bespoke tailors in Napoli on a suit.

I am planning a trip of just over 3 weeks with a number of days in Napoli spaced about 3 weeks apart (ie. a week in Napoli to start, and then a return to Napoli for several more days about 3 weeks later).

I don't get to travel much, and don't live near any trunk show destinations.

Would love to know if there are Napoli tailors who could likely do all fittings needed for a bespoke double-breasted suit for me all on this one trip.

At present, the only one I'm aware who says that can be done is Sartoria Manna (beloved by Hugo Jacomet, but almost no discussion of this tailor on SF...which does worry me a bit).

Has anyone used a Napoli tailor who could accommodate such a compressed timeline for fittings in Napoli? I'd love to hear any suggestions.

Second question - has anyone here used Sartoria Manna, if so how was your experience and how did the garment(s) turn out?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

(Not seeking input on the strange idea to many here that I will be using a bespoke tailor I will not see regularly...or that the first suit from a bespoke tailor will likely not be a complete success...etc. I already know these weaknesses in my idea. Still keen to know if there are a few options for accomplishing all fittings for a suit on one Napoli trip of 3 weeks.)

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's always this option

Best bet though is to email or send a DM through IG to various tailors to see how accommodating they'll be.

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you send them (step 1) measurements, pictures, and a well fitting suit they should be able to produce a basted fitting in advance of your arrival. Depending on the tailor, they might be a to produce a forward fitting by the end of your trip. This is what I am also considering.

3 weeks is more than likelihood enough time if you are able to to produce the first step initially.

bespokedude

Reaction score
Hi All,

Seeking advice from those who have worked with bespoke tailors in Napoli on a suit.

I am planning a trip of just over 3 weeks with a number of days in Napoli spaced about 3 weeks apart (ie. a week in Napoli to start, and then a return to Napoli for several more days about 3 weeks later).

I don't get to travel much, and don't live near any trunk show destinations.

Would love to know if there are Napoli tailors who could likely do all fittings needed for a bespoke double-breasted suit for me all on this one trip.

At present, the only one I'm aware who says that can be done is Sartoria Manna (beloved by Hugo Jacomet, but almost no discussion of this tailor on SF...which does worry me a bit).

Has anyone used a Napoli tailor who could accommodate such a compressed timeline for fittings in Napoli? I'd love to hear any suggestions.

Second question - has anyone here used Sartoria Manna, if so how was your experience and how did the garment(s) turn out?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

(Not seeking input on the strange idea to many here that I will be using a bespoke tailor I will not see regularly...or that the first suit from a bespoke tailor will likely not be a complete success...etc. I already know these weaknesses in my idea. Still keen to know if there are a few options for accomplishing all fittings for a suit on one Napoli trip of 3 weeks.)
I have been travelling to Napoli since 2007. I tried usual suspects - MTM - Attolini, Kiton among 8-9 smaller family owned sartorias. Mixed bag of experiences and my conclusion is that 1 suit is not enough to get someones attention there to turn this around in 3 weeks. You might lucky and if they have material you choose in stock - you may get 1 st fitting in 3 weeks. If you stay in Napoli for another 3 days they may turn around for 2 nd. If it goes well you may come home with a new bespoke suit.
Never heard of Sartoria Manna so can't comment.
Best of luck.
D

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Hi All,

Thanks for all your comments!

I am back from Napoli now...with the suit in hand!!!

Sartoria Manna was able to pull this off (in great style). They were indeed a pleasure to work with.

I chose the fabric (Fox Bros. navy chalk pinstripe flannel ~ 380gsm) before the trip, and Manna ordered the cloth for me so it was there upon my arrival in Napoli.

First meeting and measurements taken a day after my arrival. Basted fitting one week later. Final fitting and minor adjustments made on my last day there...about 23 days after my arrival. Left Napoli with the finished suit!

I have not yet taken any pics (and the hot weather this weekend is not inviting me to model a flannel Fall/Winter suit, but I'll see about sharing some pics shortly). I'm thrilled with the outcome and the process (which you may choose to take with a grain of salt since this was my first bespoke suit.)

BTW, I provided Manna with the attached pic of an Attolini suit I love as an idea of the styling I was after (minus the ticket pocket, and with a spalla camicia shoulder with some shirring), and as far as I'm concerned they nailed it with my suit.

Attolini Double Breast Suit.png

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads