• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patek, Yellow Gold, Rose Gold or White Gold. Help in choosing the color.

raphael

Reaction score
It depends on how old you are. If you're under 40 (male), you shouldn't be wearing any gold at all. White gold is great because it is minimized, platinum is even better (more durable). The riff raff won't know you're wearing a gold watch but they will know it's a PP.

I prefer yellow gold but it all depends on the dial color and shape of the watch.

mhdena

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raphael
It depends on how old you are. If you're under 40 (male), you shouldn't be wearing any gold at all. White gold is great because it is minimized, platinum is even better (more durable). The riff raff won't know you're wearing a gold watch but they will know it's a PP. I prefer yellow gold but it all depends on the dial color and shape of the watch.
The "riff raff" won't recognize most any watch on a strap. and probably never heard of PP. Now a gold Rolex yea they'll notice

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Platinum, rose gold or white gold. In that order. Never been a huge fan of yellow gold.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raphael
It depends on how old you are. If you're under 40 (male), you shouldn't be wearing any gold at all.
I did not know that.
plain.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
I did not know that.
plain.gif

That's because it's another one of those rules that are stupider like a fox!

mell

Reaction score
First of all I would like to thank those who responded. There is a number of very qualified individuals whom are willing to share their vast knowledge and opinions and I continue to peruse this site for advice. I do not claim to "know it all" and find this site very helpful in the quest to better my appearance. For me, there is a certain satisfaction gained by looking my best and I am motivated by it. Since the bulk of the posts here are also seeking advice on a multitude of topics, I can only assume that I am in the same boat as most others using this site. I must humbly apologize to those who regard my inquiries as odd.

In any case, I did want to inform those of interest that I have located a Patek 3940 in YG that I intend to purchase. I chose this for a number of reasons, namely, price, since it is available to me for $35K. This is well under the going price I see advertised on the web. Secondly, although I do like the RG color much better, I feel it doesn't match my other jewelry well, i.e. my YG rings. It actually detracts from the looks of them. I suppose I could replace them and match everything to RG or Platinum or white gold but for now, I'll save that for another day. So again, I thank those who responded to my post.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Just pick the colour that matches your car, your girlfriend, your dog, your cat, your drapes and your flooring and you'll be fine; that's how I purchase my groceries while wearing my rolex and driving my Lamborguignolli (I'm a senior vice junior vp at a bank, a big bank).

ragdoll

Reaction score
I think another factor is your skin color. Yellow and pink gold, IMHO, looks better on darker skinned individuals while white gold/platinum tends to look better on light skin. My preference is pink gold with a non white/cream dial.

montgomery

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mell
I have picked out the Patek I want to purchase but am wondering what the preference is on metal color. White Gold, Yellow Gold or Rose Gold. In speaking to the Patek saleman, he indicated that White Gold is the most popular, but that may be because that is what he has in stock. Any advice will be appreciated.

PLATINUM

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mhdena
A 5146 is going to be $22k at a minimum..
I always say "The 1st rule of watch buying is buy the watch YOU like"
The 2nd rule is remember rule #1

Good advise there
worship.gif

My choice wiould be WG or Platinum

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ragdoll
I think another factor is your skin color. Yellow and pink gold, IMHO, looks better on darker skinned individuals while white gold/platinum tends to look better on light skin.
+1

ortolan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Farhad19620
Good advise there
worship.gif

My choice wiould be WG or Platinum

Agree. For a single watch you can wear casual or dressed up, my first choice would be WG/Platinum. It is a more versatile color, and perhaps fits a younger profile, as another poster points out. Unfortunately WG/PT commands a premium for Pateks.

In your case, since your accessories are already YG based, your choice sounds very reasonable and cheaper to me.

--ortolan

mell

Reaction score
I guess I won't worry about meeting someone that points out and accuses me of going "cheaper" with the YG when they happen to notice my Patek. That was a joke folks...LOL.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads