• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patek, Yellow Gold, Rose Gold or White Gold. Help in choosing the color.

StylenotFashion

Reaction score
For me Yellow Gold was my choice as the Patek I own is a very classic dress watch, and I love the color of 18K YG. Pink or Rose would come next, and I wouldn't consider White Gold (unless it was a gift).

ortolan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mell
I guess I won't worry about meeting someone that points out and accuses me of going "cheaper" with the YG when they happen to notice my Patek. That was a joke folks...LOL.

I must apologize if my statement came as an accusation... I didn't mean it as such. Pateks are expensive relative to other watch brands... and so is the servicing. As a perpetual, you should check on the warranty.

Kind regards,

--ortolan

mell

Reaction score
Your apology is not necessary. It was just amusing to me to read Patek and cheap in the same sentence. I took it all in jest.

CodeRed

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Journe in PG and it seems timeless :)

ortolan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CodeRed
I recently purchased a Journe in PG and it seems timeless :)

Which one did you get? Somehow I like the look of WG Patek and PT Journe. Before I offend anyone, I should mention both are excellent choices. Journe is highly fashionable these days. Way back when, a WIS friend lamented piteously about passing up a bidding chance at 35K for a Journe Tourbillon on Antiquorum (excluding buyer's premium). Then he saw it for just under 50K in Europe (back when the dollar was strong), but he passed up because he could have had it for 35K. And now I see these floating around for 85+K.

Anyhow, I recall when the Journe Resonances (my favorite) were just over 30K... I still wail and lament myself on that. Wear your watches in health.

--ortolan

CodeRed

Reaction score
I got just a plain old Octa, but it has the brass movement instead of the 24kt, which I understand is becoming somewhat more collectible due to its "affordability", but I just like the watch regardless. always wanted one in PG with the grey dial. PT is great but very expensive, so I would opt for WG instead anyway. Enjoy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads