• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pants

tsloop

Reaction score
I am looking for some nice pairs of pants and was wondering what brands you guys would recommend.  I just bought a pair of Zanella slacks and really like them, I also got a pair of Christian Dior pants from savers and they are OK but it seems every time I sit down they get some kind of stain.  Price is no big deal but under $300 is my goal.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking for some nice pairs of pants and was wondering what brands you guys would recommend.  I just bought a pair of Zanella slacks and really like them, I also got a pair of Christian Dior pants from savers and they are OK but it seems every time I sit down they get some kind of stain.  Price is no big deal but under $300 is my goal.
If you like your Zanella pants, I would recommend Incotex or Mabitex.  I don't have any first hand experience, but many posters seem to talk about Zanella and Incotex in the same context.  I believe, however, that Incotex is of higher quality.  

Incotex can be had in your price range with no problem.  Shop sales and on ebay, and you can find them in the $200 range.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd agree on Incotex. Also check out Oxxford on Ebay ($400+ at retail; @$150-220 on EBay). Some good everyday dress slacks can be found in Hickey-Freeman (can be very expensive- - up to $300, but much less on Ebay).

aybojs

Reaction score
Yoox has a great selection of trousers on sale for their final deep discount. Figuring out your size in their terms is tricky, but you can always post here for help or just return an item if it doesn't fit.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of Incotex Sartoriale for something like $149 off of Ebay. I think the buy it now was about $200 but no one bid and I got them for the opening price. Great trousers.
What are the different lines of Incotex, and how can you distinguish between them? I picked up a pair of Incotex Super 120's @ Filene's Basement this weekend for $139. Very nice. Also have a pair that is 100% cashmere which I imagine is from one of the higher lines, but again not sure how to tell. I'd assume there is more hand stitching on the higher lines, but other than that, any other clues?

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luciano Barbera, for the fabric. Look for blue diagonal striping on the inside waistband but avoid any unlined Barbera with an oval brown or green label. Purple Label is common on EBay and costs less than Barbera, but some of the details may be considered affected (self-belt with d-ring is common). Purple Label is higher waisted than most other trousers. Bergdorf house label slacks, which I understand are made by Cantarelli, can be a good value. Also, can now recommend Castangia-very well made with pick stitching on the pockets, but these are rare on EBay.

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[What are the different lines of Incotex, and how can you distinguish between them?
There was a lengthy series of posts between A Harris and T4phage on the various grades of Incotex, with a comparison to Valentini, on a thread titled "Ebay Question" in the "Buying and Selling" section of the forum (last post 24 December 2003).

vc2000

Reaction score
Where does the brand Benecci compare for quality?  I found a pair of pants at Marshalls - they seem ok but not a great bargin at $70.  Trying to decide if they should go back?  I have had Zenella in the past and they were great.  I noted Zenella had some great fabrics when I was at Nordstoms last but at the retail price I can probably get something from Chan custom made?

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VC2000, I can't say I've ever heard of Benecci-brand slacks. They certainly aren't an everyday brand, and I would think if they were an exclusive/sought after brand we'd have seen it mentioned here before. By the way, here's one indication -- FWIW, a search on EBay for "Benecci" yields not a single hit. I wonder if it's a brand Marshall's has made for its stores perhaps?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads