1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Pants

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by tsloop, Aug 24, 2004.

1. tsloop

tsloop Senior Member

I am looking for some nice pairs of pants and was wondering what brands you guys would recommend.  I just bought a pair of Zanella slacks and really like them, I also got a pair of Christian Dior pants from savers and they are OK but it seems every time I sit down they get some kind of stain.  Price is no big deal but under $300 is my goal.

2. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

If you like your Zanella pants, I would recommend Incotex or Mabitex.  I don't have any first hand experience, but many posters seem to talk about Zanella and Incotex in the same context.  I believe, however, that Incotex is of higher quality.  

Incotex can be had in your price range with no problem.  Shop sales and on ebay, and you can find them in the $200 range.

3. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

I bought a pair of Incotex Sartoriale for something like $149 off of Ebay. I think the buy it now was about $200 but no one bid and I got them for the opening price. Great trousers.

4. kabert

kabert Distinguished Member

I'd agree on Incotex. Also check out Oxxford on Ebay ($400+ at retail; @$150-220 on EBay). Some good everyday dress slacks can be found in Hickey-Freeman (can be very expensive- - up to $300, but much less on Ebay).

5. aybojs

aybojs Senior Member

Yoox has a great selection of trousers on sale for their final deep discount. Figuring out your size in their terms is tricky, but you can always post here for help or just return an item if it doesn't fit.

6. AJL

AJL Distinguished Member

What are the different lines of Incotex, and how can you distinguish between them? I picked up a pair of Incotex Super 120's @ Filene's Basement this weekend for $139. Very nice. Also have a pair that is 100% cashmere which I imagine is from one of the higher lines, but again not sure how to tell. I'd assume there is more hand stitching on the higher lines, but other than that, any other clues?

7. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Distinguished Member

Luciano Barbera, for the fabric. Look for blue diagonal striping on the inside waistband but avoid any unlined Barbera with an oval brown or green label. Purple Label is common on EBay and costs less than Barbera, but some of the details may be considered affected (self-belt with d-ring is common). Purple Label is higher waisted than most other trousers. Bergdorf house label slacks, which I understand are made by Cantarelli, can be a good value. Also, can now recommend Castangia-very well made with pick stitching on the pockets, but these are rare on EBay.

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

What about Valentini?

9. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Distinguished Member

There was a lengthy series of posts between A Harris and T4phage on the various grades of Incotex, with a comparison to Valentini, on a thread titled "Ebay Question" in the "Buying and Selling" section of the forum (last post 24 December 2003).

10. vc2000

vc2000 Senior Member

Where does the brand Benecci compare for quality?  I found a pair of pants at Marshalls - they seem ok but not a great bargin at $70.  Trying to decide if they should go back?  I have had Zenella in the past and they were great.  I noted Zenella had some great fabrics when I was at Nordstoms last but at the retail price I can probably get something from Chan custom made?

11. kabert

kabert Distinguished Member

VC2000, I can't say I've ever heard of Benecci-brand slacks. They certainly aren't an everyday brand, and I would think if they were an exclusive/sought after brand we'd have seen it mentioned here before. By the way, here's one indication -- FWIW, a search on EBay for "Benecci" yields not a single hit. I wonder if it's a brand Marshall's has made for its stores perhaps?