1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Roguls, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I see. Well at least they are only $95 pants or whatever. Flip them on ebay and buy a size up. You'll loose like $30 or so which is fair wear for 6 months.

2. dlynch635

dlynch635 New Member

It's true, not the end of the world. Still a pretty frustrating experience :/

3. einstine

einstine Senior member

Climbers shrink after first 2 washes.

4. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

They waht???

edit: just saying because I've been wearing mine for good half year and didn't notice.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

ogs/nomads havent shrunken or faded on me yet, some pairs have over 5 washes already so doubt that they would at this stage.

6. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

^ I had mine for a year+ and never experienced any shrink with it. Always washed cold and tumble dry low or air dry though.

7. aeymxq

aeymxq Active Member

I think I experienced that normal, ie extremely minimal, level of shrinkage with my slim Ds. they always loosen up sfter a bit though.

I have bern hitchhiking around the states for over 2 months now and these a re really the greatest pants I could have brought with me. climbed a lot of fences, fallen, hopped freight trains, been attacked by dogs, and there is no damage on these pants. not needing to wash them is the best. if they get dirty I will just wash that area and continue to wear them until they're dry like, 30 mins later. <3

wish I had more outlier gear though!

8. einstine

einstine Senior member

Yea, its nothing major and they go back after a wear however its noticeable.

9. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

:uhoh:

1 person likes this.
  10. SuEd

SuEd Senior member

which outlier gear would you get next?

11. einstine

einstine Senior member

That pretty cool to do that, best of luck.

12. aeymxq

aeymxq Active Member

def most useful would be the henley. I have 1 merino sweater and it is one o found the most generally useful things I have ever owned. not saying the sweater itself is particularly great, but merino is gd amazing.

the hoodie looks nice but doesnt look packable, and I've kinda stopped wearing hoodies in recent years. some kind of overshirt would be great here in northern (central?) cali: I have something like that, but it's normal wool and not particularly high quality.

however, I am heading north so more useful than an overshirt would probably be an actual jacket. I like how the bomber claims to not overheat, but I like hoods.

anyway I cant afford any of this shit until I get back to canada and get a job, at which point I will want a 4 srs *coat.*

13. kumquat

kumquat Member

I waited about a solid 6-7 wears before washing...I put them to the test on the trail with a bit of bushwacking and bouldering to boot. (Consequently, decided I need those 4 way stretch for such activities and ordered the climbers)

Anyways, washed the mud and dirt off them and mine shrunk too. But in a great way. They now fit perfectly. I love it. They just tightened up in all the right spots. I washed them cold, but tumbled dry (which is why they shrunk).

This was to be expected though...they Are cotton blend. I've shrunk many items by accident and can't say any company would ever take fault for my mistakes. And rightfully so.

On a side note, what color and size are yours?

14. kumquat

kumquat Member

Yer living the dream

15. kumquat

kumquat Member

Fwiw I don't think they shrank an entire size. And I think you'd be fine with a cold water wash and line dry.

The waist isn't any tighter it's more in the thighs/butt and overall length. I'm glad I waited to get them hemmed though..lost maybe 1/4" in leg length.

I'm wearing a 28, fyi

16. Newo

Newo Senior member

So you laundered them several times over the course of those 6 months, or just the once? Quite frankly I've interacted with Outlier support sooooo many times and it's always been a positive experience. I find it hard to believe Rachel just shot you an email saying "our pants don't shrink." If it's your first wash, of course they'll naturally shrink a bit, but put them back on and they'll stretch out. My slim dungs always shrink a bit after a wash/dry cycle, but they fill out again after a couple minutes of wear.

17. dlynch635

dlynch635 New Member

They were navy blue 32's

Laundered correctly several times over the 6 months but it was probably around month 4 or 5 that I really started noticing the constriction.

The person who I was in communication with was Krista, not Rachel.

I did try just not washing them for an extended period to see if they stretch but it still didn't help.

Perhaps I did make a mistake in the laundering process... But still, I think Outlier would benefit from a more flexible exchange policy.

Anyone here interested in exchanging? Size 30 waist would probably fit nicely :)

David

18. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

I'm not going to discount your story, David, but I disagree with you about Outlier not having a flexible return policy.

In my opinion, Outlier has the most flexible return policy of anyone I've purchased from.

1 person likes this.
  19. Taton

Taton New Member

I don't like to support Outlier with their strategily raised msrp and limited stock, but Outlier's return policy is still valid and fair even 6700 miles from NYC, in my experience.
    For a relatively small company, they do manage the trade off between return cost and reputation pretty well. (except customers are always right)

ps. How about the new air forged soft core vest? Wonder "air texturized nylon" could repell water for how long?

20. einstine

einstine Senior member

^Probably for a couple washes, I think the vest is nice but its not as nice as last years. Why the hell would you replace wool with oxford cloth on a vest? looks I guess, even though wool looks nicer on winter garments.