• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

chinesealpha

Reaction score
Pocket flare is probably caused by the pants being too tight across the ass, and is exacerbated by tightness in the thighs.

Tightness across the seat could be fixable with dress pants, since they have extra fabric at the back seam. Are Outlier pants made this way?

Tightness in the thighs you have to live with.

brianhylton

Reaction score
Pocket flare is probably caused by the pants being too tight across the ass, and is exacerbated by tightness in the thighs.

Tightness across the seat could be fixable with dress pants, since they have extra fabric at the back seam. Are Outlier pants made this way?

Tightness in the thighs you have to live with.
the 31's aren't tight around my thighs nor across the seat, yet they flare just as bad as the 30's

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, neither the 4 season or new og's are tight ********** or quads on me, in fact both are a bit loose, yet I still got pocket flare with the newer version,,, I still love the pants and wear them a lot, although now I slightly prefer the fit on the nomads.

Last edited:

rxryan

Reaction score
So these Outlier x Vans Bedfords that came out last month and sold out fairly fast... well a site called Tactics apparently has some stock. I bought two additional pairs.

They're way more comfy than I even thought and the quality is pretty outstanding. I know they were marketed as a summer sneaker of sorts, but I'm thinking slim dungarees and Bedford's all fall and winter.

Just a bit stunned. Thought it was a limited run only available from Outlier.cc. Vans OTW site doesn't even stock them. Weird.

rm20

Reaction score
hey all. joined SF recently. have been looking for a pair of good protective + fashionable motorcycle jeans. my search led me to schoeller fabrics and then here to SF, and I recently discovered outlier. looks pretty interesting.

curious has anyone ever used their pants as protective riding gear? i'm not talking serious highway miles...more just zipping around the city at lower speeds (20 - 40 mph)

thanks!

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ride around town on my mp3 once in a while, never been down though so not sure what that will tell you.
I think you're best bet would be to go with the dungarees, seems to be the more abrasion resistant fabric.

rm20

Reaction score
thanks cansty. yeah those look interesting b/c of the slight stretch, but not super cheap (for another $50 can get fully kevar lined). they looks great though...

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With outlier theres basically 4 types of fabric for pants, the scholler 4 season on OG's, the workcloth canvas on the dungarees, the 60/30 chino and the nyco slims.

I think for motorcycle riding you need a good balance of flexibility and abrasion resistance, or fabric toughness, so heres mho on how the stack up against each other
nyco, ++++ tough, + flex
60/30, ++tough, ++ flex
OG + tough, ++++ flex
Canvas +++ tough, +++ flex

Then theres the comfort factor which is pretty subjective, imho the og's win hands down for comfort with the dungarees second, next would be chinos and least would probably be the nyco but then again once worn in I imagine they could get pretty decent as well.

Last edited:

rm20

Reaction score
whoa...awesome. thanks for that. yeah my issue is that there just seems to be very little attractive, reasonably priced protective clothing out there.

the nyco's are a little bit more affordable though so maybe i'll give those a try. thanks so much again for the help!

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasnt referring to durability, they're all pretty durable, people have worn then day in and day out for years and still going, so no, durability is good on all, i'd say really good on the 4 season.

I was referencing fabric toughness, abrasion resistance, you know like if you scraped the knee against pavement or something, in that sense yeah, the 4 season fabric would be on the lower scale compared to the other fabrics.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads