1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Roguls, Jan 15, 2011.

1. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Yeah, I don't like that Air Forged vest at all. Weak effort compared to last year.

2. brooks23

brooks23 Senior member

Is there any company in the world that would give you a full refund for an item YOU fucked up 6 months after you bought it?

I have some complaints about bits and pieces of Outlier's business strategy, but this just seems stupid.

3. zerostyle

zerostyle Senior member

I'm desperately trying to find a slim pair of pants for travel & hiking that's mostly technical fabric (nylon/etc).

The Outlier OG's look perfect, but $240 is way outside of my budget.

Any other brands that make something similar, even if quality is a bit lower?

4. SuEd

SuEd Senior member

Wrong site buddy; ask over there instead. (Or, better yet, start learning about techwear).

5. HansPhonetic

HansPhonetic Senior member

Got the Air Forged Vest in the mail yesterday and I love it. I wasn't sure about buying it until I read that it's a "trim fit." It does fit slimmer than the wool edition, which I have the second (first non-experimental) run of . Hopefully they make more slim-fitting shirts soon.

The pocket closure is much easier to use and I like the front pocket flaps. When wearing Climbers or 60/30's, I tend to keep my keys and phone in my vest pockets instead of my pants. Things are less likely to fall out if I jump around.

I don't know if I really needed a second vest but now I've got one... Tehe

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

someone sell me a large in that vest

7. rxryan

rxryan Well-Known Member

Anyone have experiences with previous iterations of the re-upped Doublefine Merino Pullover (a sweatshirt essentially ha)...

On the fence and think I'd like it for lounging during the colder months, but man... it is a sweatshirt. However, if it's good, I'll grab one.

8. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

I have the cardigan and its great, the fabric is smooth, drapes beautifully, pretty warm while breathable, stretchy and really comfy.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  9. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

I have the mid-grey from last year and it's awesome. Good for casual and dressier fits, and super comfy

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Got some shirts, henley, and the cardigan. I'm 5'7" and had to get a large in everything, hoping everything won't be extremely long on me. Also got those 5" inseam shorts, hopefully they good for squattin and deadlifting in.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  11. rxryan

rxryan Well-Known Member

I picked up the cardigan in medium (I'm 5'7") and it's too long. Having to return it :(

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

gotcha blehhh people don't make clothes for short and thickset guys

13. Taton

Taton New Member

Yeah i got the same prob, it seems little long for me(5'8'') in size S, especially outerwear. However not as insanely long as Aether's.

14. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

Let us know how the shirts fit.

I'm almost certain the henley will be super long but I think that's how they were intended. They bunch up so at least it won't be draping down.

15. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

Are we done with Massif talk? My Blazer came in and fits spot on (probably due to the stretch). Money well spent since this is the perfect beater/travel blazer.

16. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I'm waiting for them to drop the henleys further then will get a bunch for the gym.

17. dlm4114

dlm4114 Senior member

are you supposed to snip that vent in the back? mine came in too, certainly worth it at that price

18. einstine

einstine Senior member

You realize that this is an Outlier thread right?

19. crucialkc

crucialkc Well-Known Member

Rode my massif softshell shorts mountain biking and took a handful of nasty spills. Shorts show no sign of wear. Excellent investment for $30-$40

20. crucialkc

crucialkc Well-Known Member

And on the topic of outlier. For this iteration of three way longs, I sized up one from my normal size instead of going tts (even though I haven't gained any weight or anything) and they fit much better.