Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Roguls, Jan 15, 2011.

1. SuEd

SuEd Senior member

[​IMG] I take it you live the in California, with nice weather all year round? A traditional blazer isn't weather resistant and a technical blazer is great for enduring more troublesome climates.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Overcoat?

3. Jayross

Jayross Active Member

Is there a big difference between the supermoon and just the normal vest? thinking of using it as a stand alone over a shirt, or as a layering piece under a fishtail or something.

4. rxryan

rxryan Well-Known Member

I really don't know how that little of Supermarine cotton would make a difference. I mean, in what scenario would it prove beneficial?

I'd understand if the whole outer face was made of it...

One of the few Outlier products I never understood. I like my regular vest just fine though.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

5. Epik

Epik Well-Known Member

Anyone have experience with their Air Forged Oxford shirts? I guess they use a nylon rather than cotton.

6. einstine

einstine Senior member

What do you guys think of that bomber? looks nice but overpriced. Last model went for like $350 right?

7. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Wow.. that jackets nice, but not $600 nice..

8. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

Too much #. Got another watch cap. Lost mine in Bolivia....

9. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

How is the softness of the watch cap? You prefer long or short?

10. deadsunrise

deadsunrise Well-Known Member

I wanted the bomber but at 600 + shipping + duties is way too much.

I received the merino/co shirt yesterday , they seem to have adjusted the pattern a bit compared to the old long sleeve shirts. It's more fitted on the bottom part and the sleeves are a bit longer. The weight of the fabric is perfect for F/W, haven't wore it yet but fits great and the fabric is not as heavy as it looks on the pictures. I'm happy with the purchase.

11. SuEd

SuEd Senior member

Last model was $290 but didn't have the primaloft insulation nor merino lining. That said I'd have pegged the price of this bomber for $450 — $550

At 600 the shipping is free. Request USPS shipping and you might even pay less duties/brokerage fees ;) (recently got hit with the UPS tax, they are so annoying).

12. deadsunrise

I thought they stopped the free shipping because in the last order I tried going over $250 and the free shipping option wasn't there. About duties.. yesterday I got the merino/co shirt with USPS and got charged 36 euros. In spain, if it's over $50 they get you every time. I've noticed that outlier declares the prices a bit lower than retail so the 20% import tax it's not as bad but you still get hit. A month ago a colleague got some OGs with the blazer and had to pay 140 euros. I've ordered around 8 times, using both UPS and USPS and have had to pay in every order.

Comparing the pictures of the pivotal bomber and the soft core.. I like the design of the old one much more, hope they make them this year too. I prefer the hidden zipper, neck, and longer body. Side by side:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013

13. SuEd

SuEd Senior member

I made an order this week and free shipping was still there. USPS adds taxes about half the time; not sure if it's because some of the materials/production are sourced from here or the size of the packages or some other obscure factor. UPS adds taxes+duties every time and it costs more for the similar orders :/. If you buy a lot of stuff from the USA it might be worth getting a US forwarding address/reshipping service...

14. deadsunrise

^ yes, luckily my ex-gf (still good friends) just moved last week to portland to study and will reship things from now on.

I just checked now and there's free shipping on the jacket. I was confused about it because I thought the free shipping started at $250. When I got the merino shirt I added some socks to get over $250 but didn't have the option of free shipping, maybe it starts at $300?

15. stafa

stafa Senior member

Damn that bomber looks sweet, but hell no to that price.