• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find the TTS moniker somewhat misleading in general so I'll ask: Nyco slims are true to tagged size or true to ones "general" size, ie. buy what you normally do in most pants?

Chart says 32 has a 34" waist, which would be too big for me but my one pair I've owned--kierin cut in 31--were a little snug in waist. I almost always take 31 in denim, but do take 32 in some pants (Epaulet), though in those cases they usually measure ~32.5-33" in waist at most.

EDIT: model is listed as having very similar measuremnts to me, but in past I've found the actual fit to not totally align--even similar size/weight can have different dimensions of course--thighs esp

Last edited:

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good point.

I usually wear a 32 in most pants, sometimes go down to a 31, especially if it is denim and will stretch.

I suppose a 31 in Outlier pants could work for me, but I currently own 3 pairs of Outlier pants, all size 32's and they fit well. Waist is certainly not too snug, nor loose.

I've found some of Outliers measurements off, especially on tehir tops. My chest is a 40" yet in Outlier tops I go Medium which accoring to their charts is a 38"

chavajo13

Reaction score
I've recently found this site, by way of "technical waistband" inquiry, but I have got to agree with you Spencer: Outliers' measurements seem to be off as far as tops.

When the Doublefine Merino hoody dropped last week, I ordered one a size up (I too have a size 40 chest) thinking that at first that it would be ill-fitting until a bulk up to my desired size. However, when I tried it on today it fit like a large for me. I'm guessing this is where the tailored aspect comes in as more form fitting or slimming.

fungz0r

Reaction score
Anybody else getting loose threads and what not? I don't even wear my stuff that hard and I get loose threads all over the place

CPaul

Reaction score
Gonna get the nycos for Xmas. Jacket looks really nice but a bit pricy (I'm sure it's worth it though).
I have slim dungarees in 34, size the same in the nycos?

Last edited:

deadsunrise

Reaction score
Just got some Nycos 31 in Olive. They are going out really fast, the blue ones are sold out just 12 hours after I got the email from the mailing list. Hopefully they'll fit properly and I won't have to send them back.

I'd wanted to order some outlier pants for a long time so it's nice to have a cheaper model to try the sizing, and free international shipping too. :D

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Outlier makes some seriously nice pants -- I just got a chance to try on my friend's nycos and 3 season? I am not sure on the specifics but the material is superb and I can definitely understand why it's performance material :) I haven't worn a pair of west points that fit me but nycos have a pretty strong taper, but the material has quite some stretch for your calves

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the Supermarine shoes? Hadn't really paid too much attention to them, but they look pretty damn sharp. Curious about the fit and how they hold up over time.

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody else getting loose threads and what not? I don't even wear my stuff that hard and I get loose threads all over the place

This happened a little bit on my pants. Hoping it's not going to turn into a big deal.

b3pkay

Reaction score
More sizing confusion. I recently got the climbers in a size 30" as that is my standard size in jeans, chinos, ect. All pants I still need to wear a belt but the climbers are almost tight on the waist, great fit otherwise, and I think they would be absolutely perfect if the actual button was moved over about a quarter of an inch. Sometimes sitting or in riding position the technical waistband just seems too tight.

In the excitement of the nyco slims re-up I ordered and just received the navy in size 30". Love the look and fit of the gusseted crotch, not too slim legs, but again the waist is pretty, pretty tight.

My problem, or dilema, is that I'm 6' tall and 140 lbs. Sizing up things get too wide (and the navy nycos are sold out of 31 anyway). I've never had a size 30 be too small in the waist... What to do.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take them to a good tailor and have them move that top button over a quarter inch.

CPaul

Reaction score
Anybody have any pics of nycos they've beat up? Just got these for Xmas and I'm interested how they "break in and age with wear".

colindn

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has experience ordering from Outlier to Canada. A little concerned about potential duties on a $400 + order.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wondering if anyone has experience ordering from Outlier to Canada. A little concerned about potential duties on a $400 + order.

Someone please correct me, but aren't made in the US products shipping to CA exempt from duties (NAFTA, etc)? I could be way off though....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads