• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlet Stores? ferragamo, off 5th, hickey freeman, barneys??

huskyzealot

Reaction score
A friend of mine is trying to get me to go with him to some outlet stores, I looked online and while most of the shops looked uninteresting, they do have a ferragamo, hickey freeman, off 5th, and barneys outlet stores... can anyone with experience comment on if it is worth my time to visit these shops? I really don't need anything, but if I am likely to stumble upon some good stuff at drastically discounted prices I might tag along for the 1.5 hr car ride.

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's OK, not great there.

Hickey Freeman has suits for around $700-800. You could do better, you could do worse. Ferragamo is not good, ties for $100, shoes at maybe $200-300. Barney's has a lot of house brand tailored clothing, suits for $500-600. They didn't feel half bad and for that price you could do worse, but if you have the stomach for bargain hunting, can do better as well. Off 5th was a joke.

JParker89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by huskyzealot
you nailed it, is it worth the trip? i have never been there

Saks - Not very good, too much Ed Hardy and other made-for-the-outlet crap. Decent shoe selection sometimes though.

Barneys - Completely worthless, although their Piattelli dress shirts are nice.

Hickey Freeman - Surprisingly good, nice selection of suits and sportcoats at good prices.

Ferragamo - Let's say I have a bit of a working relationship with them. Don't go expecting any crazy sales on mens' items. Very good selection of ties at $99, decent shoe selection, five Tramezza models in limited sizes, a few belts, and a few dress shirts and leather jackets.

Also be sure to check out Brooks Brothers. Mostly 346 branded crap, but they occasionally get some mainline and Black Fleece clothing. Right now, they have some Black Fleece cashmere v-necks for about $175 (down from $700), Black Fleece suits for about $900 (down from $2700) and some mainline BB sweaters (crewneck and v-neck) for between $100 and $200.

Depending on what you're looking for and what size you are, it could very well be worth the trip.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a RL there too, though they never seem to get the sort of quality you'll find in Woodbury or even Riverhead. Sometimes you'll find a good suit at Off 5th, I got a great deal on an Isaia suit that I love there, it was under $400 (may have been closer to $300).

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What sort of pricing do you get on the Tramezzas?

Originally Posted by JParker89
Saks - Not very good, too much Ed Hardy and other made-for-the-outlet crap. Decent shoe selection sometimes though.

Barneys - Completely worthless, although their Piattelli dress shirts are nice.

Hickey Freeman - Surprisingly good, nice selection of suits and sportcoats at good prices.

Ferragamo - Let's say I have a bit of a working relationship with them. Don't go expecting any crazy sales on mens' items. Very good selection of ties at $99, decent shoe selection, five Tramezza models in limited sizes, a few belts, and a few dress shirts and leather jackets.

Also be sure to check out Brooks Brothers. Mostly 346 branded crap, but they occasionally get some mainline and Black Fleece clothing. Right now, they have some Black Fleece cashmere v-necks for about $175 (down from $700), Black Fleece suits for about $900 (down from $2700) and some mainline BB sweaters (crewneck and v-neck) for between $100 and $200.

Depending on what you're looking for and what size you are, it could very well be worth the trip.

JParker89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrZRM
What sort of pricing do you get on the Tramezzas?

Fiorenzo (Black and Brown captoe bluchers) - $449, down from $650.
Sauro (Anthracite (greyish) monkstap with apron) - $559, down from $910.
Tropicale (Black loafer with apron) - $499, down from $780.
Burgman (Brown loafer) - $499, I think.

Hoping to receive more, but they're stingy with their men's collection.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are Sack off 5th and Neiman las call and Neiman takes credit there. And it is all in beautifull NJ much closer than outlets.

huskyzealot

Reaction score
thanks for the info guys, hickey freeman and ferragamo sound interesting

been to a few BB outlets, but never seen much non-346 stuff, the prospects of black fleece items being mixed in is intriguing

sounds like its at least worth making the trip

pred02

Reaction score
Updated on Wrentham:

Polo RL - in the markdown section you sometimes see RLPL and RLBL shirts and pants marked down heavily. I was also able to pick up some RLPL ties for about $19 each.

Hugo Boss store - suprisingly this store has a better selection of shirts and suits than the Woodbury Common store.

Ferragamo - every once in a while they have a sale with the Tramezzas marked down to $250.

Off 5th - terrible selection, Burberry suits, Boss, Hickney. Boss, Theory pants, no good shoes just Saks house brand and Boss.

Barneys - Boss and Barney suits. Way overpriced.

Lacosta - bah...

halpap

Reaction score
Hickey Freeman sometimes has a selection of suits for the $300-400 range in the outlet. Sportcoats for $250. Not the whole store, but a selection of off season stuff. Of course there is an element of luck in finding something in your size.

pred02

Reaction score
Originally Posted by halpap
Hickey Freeman sometimes has a selection of suits for the $300-400 range in the outlet. Sportcoats for $250. Not the whole store, but a selection of off season stuff. Of course there is an element of luck in finding something in your size.

I was checking out some HF suits in Nordstrom Rack in Danvers, and even in my size it seems that their suits are really made for older, bulkier people. They seem very tradition, IMHO, like Brooks Brothers or Oxxford.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update from Wrenthem:

Ferragamo : Descent tie selection : I purchase 1 tie for $119
Lace up shoe selection is week but have a good selection on loafers

Has anyone checked out the Hickey Freeman store in Kittery, Maine? I am thinking about taking a trip there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads