• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

hobojones

Reaction score
You’ll need to hem regardless. 101’s are great though, i couldn’t make 105’s work but 101 is comfortable all around. Length should be a non issue as a hem should always be expected.

LeeR

Reaction score
I find the 107's to fit me perfectly. I'm average all around. The 107's are not too slim and not too low rise. For me, they're just right.

Athos_22

Reaction score
Adding to the questions about 107s and thighs... Do they stretch much at all? Just wondering because I have a new pair that fits great everywhere except the thighs which are pretty snug. I assumed they'd probably shift a half inch but if that's not true then I should probably cut my losses and move them on.
I had similar concerns with my black 107s and the thighs loosened up very nicely after a few weeks of wearing them.

trudeljb

Reaction score
@trudeljb to my knowledge people aren't faking orslow - those look good
Thank you!! One other question for you - on some websites I see New Yorkers listed as "Unisex" and others as not (I.e Glasswing has Sumi Black listed for sale 2x). Possibly one is from a prior season? I thought all New Yorker's were Unisex, but can you confirm if that's true or if I'm mistaken?

SilentPartner

Reaction score
I had similar concerns with my black 107s and the thighs loosened up very nicely after a few weeks of wearing them.
This is good to hear, thank you! I will persevere. I think they're already starting to loosen a little, it's quite a tightly-woven denim so I imagine it takes longer than the left-hand twill stuff I'm used to.

trudeljb

Reaction score
Trying to decide between the Army Green and Sumi Black New Yorkers. Any preferences or thoughts on how either have aged (for those that have had a pair for couple years)? Have a pair of Rogue Territory SK's in black and pair of Raleigh Denim in green (like a stretch material), so either color of New Yorker would fit the wardrobe for a change of pace. Would love to hear thoughts on those who have a pair(s)! Thanks!

WCMTWS

Reaction score
I just picked up an AG pair, was torn between the two as they both look great. But black has become a little boring for me! Can't wait to check the out as it's my first pair of orslow, normally a big EG guy

SilentPartner

Reaction score
This is good to hear, thank you! I will persevere. I think they're already starting to loosen a little, it's quite a tightly-woven denim so I imagine it takes longer than the left-hand twill stuff I'm used to.
To follow up on this, yes indeed my 107s have loosened up to where they're pretty comfortable.

Samir

Reaction score
Have a pair of the Canoe Club patchwork 107s that I love but I miss the button fly. Anyone know of a similar cut from any of the Japanese brands?

vegancrabcakes

Reaction score
Have a pair of the Canoe Club patchwork 107s that I love but I miss the button fly. Anyone know of a similar cut from any of the Japanese brands?
Well 105s have a button fly and they fit very similarly (I own both and the 105s are just a tiny bit wider below the knee).

leephil

Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of 101s in one wash. The fit is amazing. Tried 105s and 107s in every size and couldn't get a good fit. I'm not even very big either.

The fact that they kept the same shallow ass pockets present in all their other fits is kinda bullshit though. These pockets suck.

The denim feels nice though. I don't even really care it's not selvedge. I think I read somewhere they use cone denim for the 101?

My main question now though, for other 101 denim owners is -
Anyone with a pair experienced inseam shrinking during additional washing? Want to know for hemming purposes as they're a tad long on me.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of 101s in one wash. The fit is amazing. Tried 105s and 107s in every size and couldn't get a good fit. I'm not even very big either.

The fact that they kept the same shallow ass pockets present in all their other fits is kinda bullshit though. These pockets suck.

The denim feels nice though. I don't even really care it's not selvedge. I think I read somewhere they use cone denim for the 101?

My main question now though, for other 101 denim owners is -
Anyone with a pair experienced inseam shrinking during additional washing? Want to know for hemming purposes as they're a tad long on me.
wash them before hemming.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads