• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

One loafer above all others

pasadena man

Reaction score
There is a lot of Chicago geography here for a thread on loafers. There is a “I hate SF” thread, and a “Official-ish DC" thread. Perhaps we need a “I love North Shore North Side Chicago Lake Michigan” thread.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loafers rock!!!!!
👞👞👞👞👞👞👞👞
Wear them with a baseball cap!
🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢
When drinking 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺 in Evanston!
Fuck south side! North shore rules!!!!
I’ll post a pic from the south side later tonight, but I will NOT be wearing a fucking baseball cap. Limits dude. Limits.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only reference to Rolex Fleming ever gave to Bond was that he wore an “Oyster Perpetual” and has forever left it to us readers to wonder if he meant a Sub or something else. Of course the film-makers decided it was indeed a Sub but Fleming never specified Sub, Explorer or any other version.
and we will forever have the image of the mis-sized nylon strap from Goldfinger.

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Reaction score
Pasadena talk to Jmr he likes your idea, told us all which neighborhood is his favorite after Chicagoan Duke introduced North Shore loafer research,
Sorry I asked what happened to Bass and Weejuns not cool. Now I'm bonkers. 🍺😢🍺😢🍺😢🍺😢🍺😢🍺😢🍺😢😯😮🥵🤢🤮🚑📉⚰✝

Last edited:

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Reaction score
If you're c🤓l in Brooklyn, you'll be really c😎l on the South Side - but wear your best tassled loafers and don't forget your Rolex! 😇

Last edited:

sargeinaz

Reaction score
Loafers rock!!!!!
👞👞👞👞👞👞👞👞
Wear them with a baseball cap!
🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢
When drinking 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺 in Evanston!
Fuck south side! North shore rules!!!!
I have nothing important to add except I’m from the north side of Chicago as well (West Rogers Park and then Lincolnwood and my wife taught at Highland Park HS) and wanted to co-sign that the North Shore rules and fuck the South side :fistbump:

Nickd

Reaction score
The only reference to Rolex Fleming ever gave to Bond was that he wore an “Oyster Perpetual” and has forever left it to us readers to wonder if he meant a Sub or something else. Of course the film-makers decided it was indeed a Sub but Fleming never specified Sub, Explorer or any other version.
Fleming referred to the numbers and how they made iteasy to read in the dark which is where the assumption it was an Explorer comes from, that and the fact that he wore one.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.