• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor

Reaction score
I picked up a cheap pair of Aldens on Ebay. I had planned to give them a hiding, rough them up and make them look all aged (for a particular look I'm going for with them), but I'm really not hard on shoes. My shoes last forever and look new... Any tips on how to rough them up without making it look tacky or artificial?

recentbuy1.jpg

Alternatively, if you think it's a horrific idea, you can say that too
wink.gif

Swann

Reaction score
Gentleman, I need your help. I am looking for a nice flannel shirt with really long sleeves, since I have apelike arms. Size M/maybe L or 15 3/4 with sleeves about 28 inches.

Any ideas?

Doctor

Reaction score
I was going to recommend the Epaulet flannel shirts - they're amazing and the sleeves quite long. I'm 6'8" and they're more than long enough for me (rare). Sadly they're mostly sold out except in S and XL. The brown one is the exception, a size L is still available - http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...Flannel/Detail Edit: My ideal sleeve length is 27"-27.5".... I am a size XL in the Epaulet shirts. Though an easy solution for me is simply to roll all my sleeves. I rarely wear a shirt with the sleeves unrolled unless I have a jacket over the top anyway.

Swann

Reaction score
^Thanks, Doctor.

I used to roll up most of my shirts too, but I think it looks odd when I am putting off my coat and my sleeves are already rolled up.
confused.gif

Any further suggestions?

Thanks a lot in advance.

ma1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
I picked up a cheap pair of Aldens on Ebay. I had planned to give them a hiding, rough them up and make them look all aged (for a particular look I'm going for with them), but I'm really not hard on shoes. My shoes last forever and look new... Any tips on how to rough them up without making it look tacky or artificial?

recentbuy1.jpg

Alternatively, if you think it's a horrific idea, you can say that too
wink.gif

play soccer in them

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any recommendation on where to get ankle socks (or between the calf and ankle length) as thin as dress socks?

Most socks I see in department stores in the length I am looking for tends to be sport socks and are often thick. The loafer socks are thin but too short for my liking.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Dynasty

Reaction score
What should I do about this...

I'm in college and have to rely on the school's washing machines. Long story short my sweater got rinsed cycle numerous times. It is water soaked and I have been squeezing not wringing as much water as possible. What is the best way to dry it without it stretching/shrinking? The material is 100% cotton.

Any help?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
I was going to recommend the Epaulet flannel shirts - they're amazing and the sleeves quite long. I'm 6'8" and they're more than long enough for me (rare).

Doc- Which size of the epaulet shirt are you wearing? xl or xxl?

Lachy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wurlwyde
Does anyone own the NDG short parka?!?
ndg0039blk__L1.jpg

Originally Posted by wurlwyde
This thread is useless.

I guess we could have all replied, "no" but that would just flood the thread.

This thread and the other small questions threads provide a use, but a lot of the questions are either stupid or not easily answered. Also, not enough people try to help out.

There's an NdG thread that you could also have asked in, might get a better response there due to more people checking it out due to an NdG interest and having a better chance of seeing/trying/owning.

davidschlott

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience w/Barbour sizing for the Bedale? I'm guessing they are a bit oversized...but any help would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads