1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nil

Nil Senior member

Anyone know how Jil Sander shirts fit? My neck size is 16.5 and my chest is 44. I'm concerned that if I go with the 16.5, it may run too small in the chest.

2. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

where can i get cardigans made of wool or thick cotton blends for around 100 bucks

3. splattered

splattered Senior member

Why am i so addicted to this damn site?

4. BoutrosBoutros

BoutrosBoutros Active Member

where can i get cardigans made of wool or thick cotton blends for around 100 bucks

J crew?

5. pharrow59

pharrow59 Senior member

uniqlo for $50.

6. Binker

Binker Senior member

Anyone know if this EG workshirt is available anywhere in medium?
    [​IMG]

7. slider07

slider07 Well-Known Member

I found a flannel I like finally, the JCrew Youngstown, but it is now sold out in my size (42 chest). Any ideas as to similar designs and good quality flannel shirts? I want something cool but that I can wear on a lazy Sunday as well.
    [​IMG]

8. breakz

breakz Senior member

I found a flannel I like finally, the JCrew Youngstown, but it is now sold out in my size (42 chest). Any ideas as to similar designs and good quality flannel shirts? I want something cool but that I can wear on a lazy Sunday as well.

You should check stores. I've picked up stuff in-store that wasn't in stock on the website.

9. click here

click here Senior member

I'm interested in what you guys think of this coat?

[​IMG]

10. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Dude, this is exactly what I want. They don't seem to make a standard messenger bag though they seem open to making whatever I want. edit: I bought the Possibilities bag with shoulder strap, thanks so much for that link I actually have a timbuk 2 laptop bag that I've had forever and love it!
    Just wondering how the Beckel 'Possibilities Bag' is working out?

I'm still deciding between that one and a custom version of their duffel bag.

11. Fidgeteer

Fidgeteer Active Member

Best waterproof Chelsea boot for surviving New York at its rainiest? I'd prefer to spend no more than $150 and would like to get at least two years' wear out of them. Purpose: to wear them to the office during storms without looking as if I've got on work boots.

I glanced at a few Timberland Chelseas, but a lot of customer feedback reported the quality is slipping, and I have no way of knowing whether that's true.

12. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

[​IMG]

Where do you fall on this spectrum. This image is obviously biased towards the middle picture, though from my observations it seems that the length in the third pic is most common. I'm usually closer to #2. And does it vary based on personal/professional setting. I'm also sporting #2 at work, usually.

they all have their place & time

13. A Dapper Fellow

A Dapper Fellow Well-Known Member

14. Fluery

Fluery Senior member

I have a pair of 100% cotton shorts that shrunk a ton after a first wash - especially lengthwise. Anyway to stretch them out? (Lengthwise, the waist is still fine as it was a bit big in the first place)

15. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

I've never seen a pair of shorts that I'd be comfortable stretching without chancing a break but you can try to step on the crotch and pull up on the legs, works with jeans but ymmv

16. A Dapper Fellow

A Dapper Fellow Well-Known Member

Can some people recommend what looks best with sand-coloured work boots?

17. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

I'm interested in what you guys think of this coat? [​IMG]
    This model/fit make the coat look so costumey

18. themaskedcorndog

themaskedcorndog Senior member

I bought my first pair of boots, the Wolverine 1000 Mile Darby boot. Included with the boots were 100- Mile branded leather conditioner (cleans, polishes, protects, conditions) and leather creme, the purpose of which is a mystery to me.

How do I use these products on the boots? Also included was a brush and a soft cloth. I'm a nov so forgive me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. bcx

bcx Senior member

^^^ How much were those?

Another footwear question... I'll be in NYC next weekend and I want to buy some shoes I can wear at typical business casual / casual office job and would like to spend <$200. Would actually prefer slip-ons and rubber soles because I'll walk a lot but neither is a must. Any suggestions?

20. themaskedcorndog

themaskedcorndog Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.