• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

davo10375

Reaction score
cheers I actually re-read it about 3-4 times and didn't see the post... blindness + uefa champions league. Cheers bobo! might pick up the 44.5 as its the size left.

CEE88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
Dude, this is exactly what I want. They don't seem to make a standard messenger bag though they seem open to making whatever I want.

edit: I bought the Possibilities bag with shoulder strap, thanks so much for that link

I actually have a timbuk 2 laptop bag that I've had forever and love it!

You're welcome! Beckel is right here in my backyard, but I must admit (embarrassingly) that I first learned of them from A Continuous Lean -- who's located on the other side of the continent (although my wife says she's seen their sign many times).

Regarding "no messenger bag" -- I'm assuming you saw their "Courier" bag: http://beckelcanvas.com/products_vie...products_id=17

I'm going over there this afternoon to pick up either the Possibilities or the War bag as a gift. I'll also check out their tents, which look great -- I just want to confirm how easy they are to pitch.

*Edit*
FYI the bags look & feel great -- extremely durable materials (THICK canvas, mombo zippers) & construction. The canvas is stiff, but I was told it would loosen with wear. The model tents they have set up (which seem to have been there for quite a long time) seemed to confirm this. One tip: to easily open the zipper bags, they suggested partially opening it, then grab each side of the opened portion & pull apart. I picked up two bags as gifts & plan to get one for myself, for travel, in the next couple of months (as soon as I decide which one!).

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get Cheap Monday sunglasses in the DC area? will Co-Op have them? or god forbid UO?

Prince of Talisker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Talisker
Does anyone know the width of the Brooks Brothers watch straps? I assume it is 18mm, but it doesn't say for sure in the listing.

ie; http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...r=Navy-yellow#

Thanks!

Forget you guys, I just emailed Brooks Brothers. They are 16mm.
nod[1].gif

patriots12

Reaction score
I am looking for a casual button down shirt to be worn with jeans or under a sweater, are these just called "oxfords"?

constantine.

Reaction score
I'm a true size 10 and I wear 9.5 in Vans Authentic.
I just got Common Projects Achilles in size 42 and there is way more room in the toe box than I am used to. Will going down to 41 be too tight?
(I have to do this crap via mail, otherwise I'd go to a store and try on)

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patriots12
I am looking for a casual button down shirt to be worn with jeans or under a sweater, are these just called "oxfords"?

No. Oxford is a type of cloth. It is thicker than normal casual button down shirts. It is a little dressier too and I see most people wear them with khakis/chinos.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constantine.
I'm a true size 10 and I wear 9.5 in Vans Authentic.
I just got Common Projects Achilles in size 42 and there is way more room in the toe box than I am used to. Will going down to 41 be too tight?
(I have to do this crap via mail, otherwise I'd go to a store and try on)

I'm a size 9 and CP in 41 fits me perfectly, so I'm guessing it'll be too tight for you.

patriots12

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timbaland
No. Oxford is a type of cloth. It is thicker than normal casual button down shirts. It is a little dressier too and I see most people wear them with khakis/chinos.

Ok, good to know, so what material would a casual sport shirt generally be made of?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I keep seeing combat/tall lace up boots at various thrift stores. I sort of want a pair, but don't know if wearing them might cause a younger white kid to look like something he doesn't want to be seen as.

My question I guess is, am I worrying about nothing?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I keep seeing combat/tall lace up boots at various thrift stores. I sort of want a pair, but don't know if wearing them might cause a younger white kid to look like something he doesn't want to be seen as.

My question I guess is, am I worrying about nothing?

Just don't wear it with a trench coat.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
**** that. Get a trench and wear em'. Black boots don't really have that many connotations. Don't get a swastika tattooed on your head and i think you'll be ok.

Is there even a single jew/black within 500 miles of you? I don't know why military boots would offend midwestern christian folk. Also, don't worry about it, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads