• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I'm going to be buying a pair of Clarks Desert Boots, and I'd like to get the sizing right. I wear a 12 in Adidas, 12 in Asics and a 12 in Nike. Would a 11.5 work well?

ataru

Reaction score
Wore those KMWs out walking around Waikiki for a few hours, theyve already loosened up to a much nicer looking fit, and enough at the waist to stop the muffin top. Thanks again for the advice guys! Current fit sorta reminds me of Braidkid's skulls, which is cool.

ataru

Reaction score
teger, I'm an 11 in adidas but a 10 in clarks desert boots. A 10 and a half would also work- I think sizing larger than necessary could well result in a nicer curve to the boot looking from the side.

soso

Reaction score
Dior 19cm Nostalgy Brut Denim, size up or down? (my apc are 31)

RustyRyan

Reaction score
I have a question about Heschung shoe sizing, if I wear 10.5 in Alden would a 10 in Heschung likely work? From what I understand they run very large. Any input appreciated!

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by soso
Dior 19cm Nostalgy Brut Denim, size up or down? (my apc are 31)

Are you more afraid of waist or thighs?

soso

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Are you more afraid of waist or thighs?

thighs

fosho78

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good, cheap, lightweight, summer hoodie? I am fully aware that "summer hoodie" sounds oxymoronic, but I'm trying to find a really lightweight one I can wear at night, preferably in gray.

Thanks!

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to add some useful info to the thread. If any one is interested in getting the Grey New Standards and are worried about sizing. they NS sizing chart on context is pretty much spot on. i only sized down 1 because they aren't raw and i don't think they will stretch a whole ton. and they are a perfect fit. denim is nice, and actually pretty slubby. very soft and super lightweight. they come with a 32-33in inseam but APC leaves anothe 2-3in under the hem so you can let them out. which i will be doing.

i'm an idiot, thought i clicked on the jean thread. oh well i'll just cross post it.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by soso
thighs

I guess its kinda hard to say either way. I went down 1 because I felt like there wasn't much difference between the thighs (when comparing the 2 sizes), and I could still fit the waist.

Though, if you're going to sag them you may want to go true to size or up one. I had to rely on stretching.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What's the consensus about wearing suit jackets in causal wear?

I have a suit that's gone slightly out of style--lapels are a little wide, and for whatever reason, I got cuffed and pleated pants. The jacket fits great though, since it was tailored. I was wondering if it would be okay to wear with jeans. It's a dark navy with thin, subdued gray pinstripes.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: Actually, never mind. I've decided it looks pretty damned good, and essentially, I don't give a **** what anybody thinks. But feel free to offer your advice regardless. I might take it into consideration.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TransparentCranium
So instead of caring about what people think, you care that they know that you don't care.

I think, er, no, I mean, er, yes, but its all wrong... That is, I think I disagree.

I don't know. I'm ambivalent. I care but I don't. I'm not that anal about it, even though I try to be thoughtful about what I wear.

It would be nice to have some opinions on this, but ultimately I'm sure enough to go with what I want to do. Just wondering what others here might advise.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elstir2024