1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexDeLarge

AlexDeLarge Well-Known Member

Where is a good shoe thread.

Also was what you guys do when it starts raining and your wearing some unwashed raw denim. Do you have an oh shit moment?

2. KenN

KenN Senior member

3. whodini

whodini Senior member

Where is a good shoe thread.

Also was what you guys do when it starts raining and your wearing some unwashed raw denim. Do you have an oh shit moment?

No, I usually just look down and think,

"ohshitthey'rejustjeans!"

4. pridecake

pridecake Senior member

Hey,

Still looking to buy a tiger fleece W+H hoodie. I e-mailed Blackbird but they were out of stock. I've also sent emails to Roden Gray and Peasant, but no response yet. Are there any other places that would sell them? I'm also combing through the SuFu marketplace and SF B/S but no luck there either.

5. whodini

whodini Senior member

Stick to emailing or calling roden. They've got the biggest collection of wh available. Look at the official thread and see if you've got the right contact info. If you don't hear from them by the end of the week pm me.

6. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Can you elaborate on the differences? The box looks raggier than usual, but how should authenticity be determined from the shoe itself (without touch)?

I've never really bothered to look into it much, so I can't give you much detail. But yeah, the box is pretty damn obvious.

I'd just stick to the normal rules when trying to by things on ebay. If its from non-Japan asia, beware. If the price is too good to be true, it probably is.

7. djh

djh Senior member

I've never really bothered to look into it much, so I can't give you much detail. But yeah, the box is pretty damn obvious.

I'd just stick to the normal rules when trying to by things on ebay. If its from non-Japan asia, beware. If the price is too good to be true, it probably is.

Well those particular ones you posted are the patent model, and none of the patent ones have the gold numbers on the side..
    Generally, it's pretty easy to tell fakes apart by the gold numbers and spacing btwn them

8. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

Noticed that a lot of rtw from rag n bone, philip lim, helmut lang, elie tahari et al (stuff from barneys) is made in china to my surprise.

Has this been always or is this a recent trend.

I am a little against spending 300 on a coat (no matter how visually attractive) that is made in china.

9. Johnathan

Johnathan Senior member

10. Electricity

Electricity Well-Known Member

does anyone know where I can find Barbour or Gloverall peacoats in Toronto/online (which ships to CA)

11. robbie

robbie Senior member

I am looking for a decent fitting chambray. Can a small (14 1/2 32-33) be found that fits for less than 40$?

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Can you score jcrew on sale? Levis stuff goes on sale from their website a fair amount too. Ebay normally has a few that pop up from time to time. Ranging from vintage to mid level. I'll let you know if i see anything pop up on supermarket.

13. robbie

robbie Senior member

Jcrew's recent restructure took all the mens goods away from Omaha.

I am eying their Chambray like crazy, I suppose Christmas is coming...

14. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

Speaking of J.Crew. There is a pair of red cords in the sale section. For some reason I really want a pair of bright red pants. But I don't really know where I would wear these without drawing unwanted attention (i.e., getting my ass kicked). Do I dare get them? Is it possible to not ridiculous in red cords? [​IMG]

15. robbie

robbie Senior member

chrono-roll those red chords, toss on some Jack Purcells, an oxford and then do that thing where you tie your sweater over your shoulders that you typically see rich people do and you'll look alright at a midwest golf and country club or target. I can't vouch for much else.

16. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

17. gabby11303

gabby11303 Senior member

What is the best way to get a clean look with a buttond down collar shirt underneath a sweater (v neck or crew)? Do you size down big time on the shirt that goes underneath? Do you tuck the collar shirt in? I'm trying to pull this off a little better than I do.

18. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

chrono-roll those red chords, toss on some Jack Purcells, an oxford and then do that thing where you tie your sweater over your shoulders that you typically see rich people do and you'll look alright at a midwest golf and country club or target. I can't vouch for much else.

Junya Watanabe Spring/Summer 2007. I want this entire look. I think jet "said" he bought this jumper. If so, he needs to give it to me.

[​IMG]

19. matso1236

matso1236 Well-Known Member

I have been accustomed to not wearing scarves, and the 2 i had were really short, but when i go to most stores to buy one they are like 6-7 feet long, this may sound stupid, but how the hell do you tie these to make them look good?

20. Electricity

Electricity Well-Known Member

does anyone know where I can find Barbour or Gloverall peacoats in Toronto/online (which ships to CA)

[​IMG] anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.