• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Thrifter's Trading Post

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin
Up for trade.

Hanover L.B.Sheppard tan, pebble grain longwings, size 7 D. Top of the line Hanovers, comparable to Florsheim Imperials. Uppers are excellent, no issues, and the double soles may not wearout in your lifetime. The heels are 80% or better.

Lumpkin,

What's with you and the longwings? Is it a Pittsburgh thing? It seems like you come across them constantly up there.

I remember when you first came around and found some new Lobbs at a thrift. I didn't even believe it, but you proved me wrong.

About time for you to find some more Lobbs
smile.gif

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, made two trades so far.
I LOVE THIS.
Any refinements needed?

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
About time for you to find some more Lobbs
smile.gif

My thoughts exactly!! Enough of these damned longwings!!

Actually, I can remember posting these exact words in the not too distant past..."seems like you can't swing a dead cat in Pittsburgh without hitting a pair of longwings,"

randob300

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin
My thoughts exactly!! Enough of these damned longwings!!

Actually, I can remember posting these exact words in the not too distant past..."seems like you can't swing a dead cat in Pittsburgh without hitting a pair of longwings,"

I've yet to find a decent shoe of any type, of any size, in any thrift store, around here.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrifting shoes is hard.
I have only found 5 pairs worth a damned
1 Pair of beautiful suede churchs wingtips
2 pair of AE in almost new shape
1 Pair of Bexleys
1 pair of RM Williams (I totally never thought I would ever run into a pair of these)
I have been at it for 4 years with good regularity.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a wool Donegal Tweed tie and a Burberry suit size 48r:

dscn1222.jpg

dscn1223.jpg

dscn1225v.jpg

dscn1226.jpg

dscn1228.jpg

The Burberry is like olive with blue overcheck lines... side vented

dscn1235y.jpg

dscn1231p.jpg

dscn1233.jpg

side vented:

dscn1234.jpg

I'll take better pics and measurements tomorrow...

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be curious to see how the Burberry suit measures out.

doublebucklemonk

Reaction score
Alright, here's some more goodies. If you are interested in anything, let me know and I will take more pics. Allen Edmonds Brookwood in 12D. This is the same pair I just got on trade from creampiggy. I thought since sizing on loafers is always a little hit and miss, I may get lucky and squeeze my fat feet in to these, but alas they do not fit.
DSC_5696.JPG
Brooks Brothers Brooksease Suit 41R/35L
DSC_5749.JPG
Hickey Freeman Bespoke for Bullock & Jones Jacket 38R, fully canvased, this is an orphan. In real life, the red overcheck is VERY subtle
DSC_5740.JPG
Lauren by Ralph Lauren Jacket 46R
DSC_5742.JPG
Hickey Freeman Collection for The Foursome Jacket 42L, fully canvased
DSC_5743.JPG
H. Freeman & Son for Nordstrom's Jacket 22 shoulder, 25 arm, 16 chest, 32 length, fully canvased
DSC_5745.JPG
Brooks Brothers Brooksaire Jacket 40R
DSC_5747.JPG
Brooks Brothers Jacket 41R
DSC_5748.JPG
To help judge colors, all of the clothing was photographed over black fabric and white paper. My sizes are listed in the spreadsheet. Clearly I am a big guy and hard to fit, so I am open to creative trades.

MJC8719x

Reaction score
Have a navy Banana Republic Blue Blazer - 3 button - tagged 38R. Can post pics and measurements if interest (PM me and let me know). Thanks

creampiggy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by doublebucklemonk
Alright, here's some more goodies. If you are interested in anything, let me know and I will take more pics.

Allen Edmonds Brookwood in 12D. This is the same pair I just got on trade from creampiggy. I thought since sizing on loafers is always a little hit and miss, I may get lucky and squeeze my fat feet in to these, but alas they do not fit.

Hi doublebucklemonk, I am really sorry to hear that the shoes don't fit you. I received your shoes yesterday and they are amazing! Sanford has been my favorite AE model. I believe after a good polish they will look perfect.

Thanks for the trade. I saw a Canali orphaned jacket in size 62R today. I think it is still too small for you though. I will keep on eye for you.

For those who are thinking to trade with doublebusklemonk, he is really a wonderful person to deal with.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
so far I don't have anything photographed to exchange.

You need to get on that doc, its all passing you by...
dozingoff.gif

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm happy so many people have responded to my post, but I feel I should clear up some sizing errors and give a little more details (and pics!). The Borelli jacket is not a true 42S, but rather a labeled 40R. The jacket fits me in the chest, but is too wide in the shoulders (see pic), which led me to believe it was a 42. The sleeves and hem are clearly too short, perhaps the previous owner had it shortened?... The Allen Edmonds are a 10 and more of a burgandy color, not a 9.5 and chili. Also, there are some slight imperfections in the leather, but should be fixed with a quick polish. Otherwise the shoes are brand new. I would bet they were never worn outside of the store. JACKET IS ON HOLD Well, pics are below. Sorry for any confusion.
jacket1.jpg
jacket2.jpg
jacket3.jpg
jacket4.jpg
jacket5.jpg
AE1.jpg
AE2.jpg
AE3.jpg
AE4.jpg
RLPL1.jpg
RLPL2.jpg
RLPL3.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads