• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nah, the general public should be smart enough to be able to separate the tv world and movie world.

They probably wouldn't have to touch up on that til much, much later.

There is still a chance the tv characters won't be recast for the film so who knows.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol what a cop out

- "But sir, won't it cause continuity issues to have 2-3 actors play the same character simultaneously across different mediums?"

- "Nope! You see, there's this thing called the multi-verse that essentially allows us to do whatever the **** we want."

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But that happened in the comics so it isn't far fetch to do it in the movies/tv show, people always ***** that they don't follow comic book stories/arcs and when actually do, people still *****.

And these are speculations and guesses so really you are again complaining about something that isn't even confirmed and might not even happen.

The Flash pilot is being received well and almost all reviews I've read loved Gastin as Barry/Flash and there have been rumors that if that happens they might not recast.

But, I mean are you really not able to separate the two worlds though? You're going to be watching the movie and thinking "this movie already sucks because the Flash from the tv show isn't the same in this movie!" ?

Were you mad when Tom Welling wasn't cast as Superman in SR too?

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Were you mad when Tom Welling wasn't cast as Superman in SR too?

Kind of. :hide:

You're really comparing TW to Brandon Routh?

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And most liked Routh because he was practically an incarnation of Reeves.

I mean what is wrong with comparing the two? Routh wasn't SRs problem, he did part just almost perfectly as practically a 2006 Christopher Reeves.

Tom Welling would have been completely wrong for SR, it is a continuation/sequel to Donners second Soperman film afterall.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but was I pissed when they didn't cast Matt Salinger in the new captain america movies and got that dude that played 'jake wyler' in "not another teen movie" instead. very pissed!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes getting very good reaction from the early critics screenings.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nah, the general public should be smart enough to be able to separate the tv world and movie world.

Lol what a cop out

Not a cop out, really. But the general public isn't that smart, either. The general public a) has no clue who Green Arrow and Flash are, b) is only dimly aware of their tv shows, and c) has no clue whatsoever that they are in the same universe. Once you start getting into discussions of continuity and maintaining character consistency across various media, you're deep in nerd esoterica.

And if you really, really want to confuse the **** out of an average moviegoer, explain why the X-Men, Spiderman and the Avengers are actually supposed to interact, but won't ever be in a movie together.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is just how I see it from the information that has been given so far. Marvel basically said, "Sony, you have Spider-Man. Fox, you get Fantastic Four and X-Men. And as for us, we keep everything else. Everyone clear? Okay." Honestly, aside from the needless Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch ****-up, these three companies stay in their own lane and have clear visions for their respective properties.

Again, my personal belief is that DC has no clear goal for their franchises and I'm not the only one. David S. Goyer (attached to plenty of upcoming films for DC) has gone on record as saying that WB/DC doesn’t have a concrete plan for building a “cohesive” universe unlike Marvel who has mapped out movies to 2028 and 20th Century Fox/Sony (both with planned films up to to 2018). While DC recently released a list of movies (both famous and niche) that RFX and I talked about a few pages back, their approach seems more of gauging whether or not there’s really a significant demand for such projects -- in particular, the ones based on lesser known properties. Does it make sense from a business standpoint? Sure. But with the characters they have to work with (Batman, Supes, Flash, etc.), they should have a little more faith in their efforts rather than sheepishly relying on fan feedback.

I mean, there's a reason memes like the one JMRouse posted make people laugh (the one about Marvel making movies with talking raccoons while DC sits on their hands with a property like freaking Wonder Woman).

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
**** a game plan. Gimme that bulge.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys like David Goyer and Zack Snyder have unique creative visions and while movies don't always succeed they are always interesting.

Frankly, at this point, I'm more interested in DC's slate than Marvel's Direction-Via-Corporation style which is starting to feel super generic. Iron Man 3, Thor 2 and Cap 2 were all great films but nothing about them makes me want to go back and re-watch them (or makes me look forward to the inevitable sequels). DC's movies are a bit more...i don't know...arteur than Marvel's?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics