• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, my Snyder/Whedon comparison is spot-on, they will just handle the big team-up (plus MoS for Snyder) and the rest will likely be handled by someone else. It just feels like their role is bigger because they handle the team ups but it really isn't. Honestly I think Snyder is just helmed the director for JL because they are shooting it back to back with BvS, not because he is in charge of all the films.

If you haven't noticed by now, I am optimistic about all comic book films, even Singer XMen and the Spiderman reboot. I don't pass judgement until I've seen it, well I try my best at least.

Plus there is a big reason to be optimistic, the old CEO who is scared to make comic book films are gone and the new CEO is more of a risk taker and that is why all of a sudden there is a 12-DC-property films on their plans and all these tv shows have been green lit, to me that is the step to the right direction. Before, DC used to make one film at a time w/o considering a sequel, they tried to do a JL film a year or two after Batman Begins and Returns with a completely new Batman from Bale and new Superman from Routh. That JL film was already in pre-production and they were set to shoot until the writers strike shut the whole thing down and it never recovered and got cancelled.

Their new plan is a complete departure from their old ways of just making a movie just to make a movie or make money. They also used to take their time with the follow up films, BB to TDK took 3 years and TDK to TDKR took 4 years.It took 7 years for another Superman film to be made after Returns and before that it took 19 years. With the new plan, they have 3 films a year, that is one more than Marvel and that alone tells you that Snyder likely has no time to handle anymore films.

Honestly, despite Keanus terrible acting, I liked Constantine, I enjoyed the world it told and I like cinematography. I enjoy and watch it every time it is on. Catwoman has been long forgotten, Jonah Hex and GL are crap to the point that it is both forgettable. SR, many actually like it, the biggest flack about it is that everyone thought it was a huge flop but it wasn't because the bulk of it's budget is from all the failed Superman films of the 90's including one with Nick Cage as Superman, overall it isn't the worst film ever made. I've even gotten to a discussion here with JrM (iirc) that I feel it just dragged too long and he threw no punches, he was perfectly fine with it.

And DC still made the best comic book film ever, TDK. No they can't ride that or Nolan or Ledger for a lifetime but they are capable of good/great films (Batman, Batman Returns, Superman, Superman II, Batman Begins, TDK). I can also include Watchmen, V for Vendetta and Red.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i totally didn't realized this thread exists. I'll share my opinion when things aren't crazy at work.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I'm psyched we are getting a Captain Marvel (SHAZAM!) film as he's always been one of my favorite characters. Problem is he wouldn't really work in the style Snyder has set up for the universe with MoS. I'm hopeful they allow for it to have its own creative feel more appropriate to the hero.

I don't know mouse.. I think the 52 relaunch reintroducing billy batson as a troubled teenager and how they presented him in justice league war animated movie seems like it has potential.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I don't know mouse.. I think the 52 relaunch reintroducing billy batson as a troubled teenager and how they presented him in justice league war animated movie seems like it has potential.

I'll admit I am a fan of the classic and Pre-Nu52 version of Captain Marvel, but I am not even sure the post Nu52 relaunch version would fit well into the Snyder-verse. Perhaps the film will be allowed to stand on it's own without having to concern itself too much with fitting into DC's overall thematic universe they are setting up.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That guy would make just about a perfect Namor. I really don't see him as Aquaman, but will reserve judgement till they show him off in costume.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That guy would make just about a perfect Namor. I really don't see him as Aquaman, but will reserve judgement till they show him off in costume.

+1

Not as polarizing as Jesse Eisenberg or Ben Affleck but an odd casting choice nonetheless. I've liked him in most things he's been in though so that is a good sign.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many characters are these assclowns planning on trying to introduce in a single movie?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is it really a big deal if they have a few small second cameos from other characters? I mean they are shooting BvS and JL back to back so it's not far fetch to see these guys signing up or being announced since it'll leak eventually.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And not sure if an FU to the report a confirmation.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Isn't Aquaman a pretty ****** character? Hence the joke on entourage...

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Super Friends did a lot of damage to Aquaman over the years, but he can be a great character. All it takes is the right writers on his book.

redrunyangs

Reaction score
good,You don't need to mix things up to add a strong female character to the lore. There already is one in Sue Storm.thanks
13.gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads