1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official Sales Alert thread - sales, coupon and discount codes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. sivier

sivier Senior Member

That site does not look legit. There are endless amounts of these sites that all look roughly the same.

2. razl

razl Stylish Dinosaur

I already had, most of the yoox jackets I saw were in very odd, one-off type materials/patterns - like runway showoffs. They might work for somebody but definitely not staples, unlike threedifferent's that were mostly staple/staple-like and few of the weird ones.

There might still be some regular gems buried in the Yoox pile that I didn't see, happy hunting!

3. razl

razl Stylish Dinosaur

+1 I hesitate to say what my "tell" is because the scammers might read it here and rework it, but the "units in stock" - it's at least reasonable on this site but I've seen sites that say hundreds or thousands of units in stock for low volume/rare items. Regardless, sniff around and look at that count - seeing everything in stock and nothing sold out is practically a give away.

4. razl

razl Stylish Dinosaur

5. razl

razl Stylish Dinosaur

While we're talking Yoox, I saw that they got a boatload of Mastai Ferretti shirts in a range of sizes and colors in the $100 per range. For those that don't know. Mastai is a brand by Saitt which also owns Truzzi Milano.

While Mastai has some more "youthful" looks, they also have plenty of CDB and casual staples - this drop looks to be more like the latter. It also includes some linen and linen blends, nice.

In short, if you're normally hunting Borrelli, Barba, Finamore, Truzzi shirts - you should look at Mastai too. Keep in mind all those brands produce from low-end to high-end variants, so they run the gamut. Happy hunting!

edit: pro-tip: Mastai usually runs slim (as in traditional slim, not stupid slim) and are almost always darted. I'm a trim EU50 with a 35.5" sleeve and their 16's usually work great for me OTR without needing to see the tailor. I'd say they are sized most similarly to Barba and Finamore.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018 at 5:38 AM

6. whorishconsumer

whorishconsumer Senior Member

[​IMG]