• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official POLO Blue Label Thread

pokpok

Reaction score

Good looking jacket.
Do you mind sharing with us the jacket length?

Sz.Medium

back of the bottom collar to bottom - 30.25in
back top of the collar to bottom - 31.5in
back shoulder to shoulder - 18in
chest pit to pit - 21.5in
shoulder seam to cuff - 26in

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone been able to get any confirmation whether the rugby suits/sportcoats are fully canvassed? Also, does anyone have the measurements for a rugby sportcoat in 40r/l or suit jacket? Thanks!

Well i'll know for sure on Nov. 3. But their blog and FE castleberry say they are fully canvassed (if the Suit is Made in Italy) - But not necessarily Sport Coats, i'm guessing the Made in Italy Sport coats are as long as you can find them in the 'Haberdashery Shop'

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks
Saturdays, did your jacket come with a Rugby garment bag?
Mine came in today. Fits great in sz.M, if anyone is wondering about sizing, go with your usual size.
nmxb80.jpg

t56ejm.jpg

No it didn't come with a Garment bag.. Wish it did, I know in-store they will give you one.. however nearest store is 450 miles from me...

Meursault-

Reaction score

The custom orders oos mean the supplies for a certain color might be oos. It may have been the size he was ordering as well. Remember Create Your Own doesn't mean Made to Order.

For the record, this. And when I checked the website this morning, you could no longer order the white oxford in medium.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone who has bought the Rugby made in italy navy blazer could post some pictures?

Impressions about fit and quality?

Thanks

Last edited:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Anyone know the fit for the Richmond Quilted Jacket? Is this jacket slimfit? I usually wear small for jcrew.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4356003

On the trim side I'd say. Bought mine last year. I'm a size 40R, athletic build, and I was on the fence between M and L. Went M and it works great over a shirt, but if you are contemplating layering I might size up. Also note it's quite short. Hits right at my belt line.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Someone who has bought the Rugby made in italy navy blazer could post some pictures?
Impressions about fit and quality?
Thanks

I'm still trying to determine if my navy blazer is fused/canvassed, but It's a pretty decent, slim fit. Shoulder measure 18' and chest 21'.

chrisjr

Reaction score
^^ on what size? 40?
on another note, wasn't someone saying that the polo site would be going on sale for non-code holders on thursday? will it be 40% off or is it entirely unrelated to the rugby?

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Wow that's even shorter than my Barbour Chelsea jacket.

Yeah, it fits like a bomber jacket. This has been my largest concession with it. I wore it last year a good bit but now I'm thinking I like the idea of a proper length to my jacket. I bought a Barbour Polarquilt last month and it has seen a lot of wear. I like how it looks less cropped/shrunk. A tad more trad/formal/grown up. Just my $0.02.

Last edited:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ on what size? 40?
on another note, wasn't someone saying that the polo site would be going on sale for non-code holders on thursday? will it be 40% off or is it entirely unrelated to the rugby?

It will be 40% off +15% with code NOV0307.

I'm still trying to determine if my navy blazer is fused/canvassed, but It's a pretty decent, slim fit. Shoulder measure 18' and chest 21'.

Pinch test? If its not the 'Made in Italy' one then it is not canvassed, if it is then do the pinch test and let us know - It might only be half for the sport coats i've never seen any info suggesting that they were other than the fact that Rugby and a few other blogs said their Made in Italy suits were fully canvassed

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads