• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official POLO Blue Label Thread

jerigo

Reaction score
So the Ralph Lauren "private sale" has opened up. For some reason, as of 7:52 am EST, the cordovan marlow tassel loafers are listed at $357.00 before the code NOV0307. So add the code, and your total comes out to about $303.45, about 62% off the retail price. I hear that they run 1/2 size large, but as with shoes, you may need to try them on to determine your size.

jerigo

Reaction score

So the Ralph Lauren "private sale" has opened up. For some reason, as of 7:52 am EST, the cordovan marlow tassel loafers are listed at $357.00 before the code NOV0307. So add the code, and your total comes out to about $303.45, about 62% off the retail price. I hear that they run 1/2 size large, but as with shoes, you may need to try them on to determine your size.

As an added note, the marlow cordovan penny loafers are also listed at $357.00 before the code NOV0307.

nringo

Reaction score

penny loafers too. Wow! Too bad I bought both last sale.

sm31

Reaction score
And of course, the one size listed as not available is mine. What should I do? Call CS? Order from a store?

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
FINALLY got my Saunders in the mail and they are a half size too big. The frustrating part is that I told the SA they need to size down half a size because they are made by Alden and he convinced me they ran TTS :censored:

All I know is they better be able to exchange them for 8.5s. If that size sells out before I'm processed I will be PISSED.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in proxying a pair for me ? PM me

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

FINALLY got my Saunders in the mail and they are a half size too big. The frustrating part is that I told the SA they need to size down half a size because they are made by Alden and he convinced me they ran TTS :censored:

All I know is they better be able to exchange them for 8.5s. If that size sells out before I'm processed I will be PISSED.

Pretty sure those are made by Allen Edmonds.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Yeah. This is what I thought. But I have had 3 SAs tell me Alden (take that as you will). The pair that I initially received in the mail look very similar to a pair of Alden chukkas I handled in the past but because they didn't fit I didn't spend a great amount of time oogling them. I'll try to get a more thorough look at them when the proper size arrives.

Also, even though this could be due to different specs by RL, the AE chukkas I have tried on in the past were TTS. These definitely run a half size big, a la Alden.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah. This is what I thought. But I have had 3 SAs tell me Alden (take that as you will). The pair that I initially received in the mail look very similar to a pair of Alden chukkas I handled in the past but because they didn't fit I didn't spend a great amount of time oogling them. I'll try to get a more thorough look at them when the proper size arrives.

Also, even though this could be due to different specs by RL, the AE chukkas I have tried on in the past were TTS. These definitely run a half size big, a la Alden.

Take a look at the stitching on the side. Aldens chukkas have three rows of stitching.

Booter

Reaction score
What in the world is going on over there in the cordovan dep't at RL? Marlow wing tips are now $850 retail - but only at certain stores - and loafers/tassels are $300 on sale? :confused:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is the suit I got from Rugby.. mind the mirror stains and shirt which had a throat latch which I didn't expect - but buttoned anyway...

Glen Check Two button Suit. 100% Wool Made in Italy. Fit seems nice.. feels comfy and shoulders are ok.

As far as being fully canvassed...NOPE!

It seems the canvas ends at the lower button - still decent for a Half-Canvassed suit but a bit of a letdown. Still think its a great suit none-the-less.

econtrario

Reaction score
Here is the suit I got from Rugby.. mind the mirror stains and shirt which had a throat latch which I didn't expect - but buttoned anyway...

Glen Check Two button Suit. 100% Wool Made in Italy. Fit seems nice.. feels comfy and shoulders are ok.
As far as being fully canvassed...NOPE!
It seems the canvas ends at the lower button - still decent for a Half-Canvassed suit but a bit of a letdown. Still think its a great suit none-the-less.

It's not the greatest pictures but from what I can see it seems to be a nice suit! I wouldn't be disapointed at all considering the looks and the price tag.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone know if the 15% extra discount code is still valid or if it expired already since the private sale is over?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads