• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
Zee&Co is having another major discount on the ricard LOL damn i scored!!!!!!!! **** yeah

RFX, how did you size your Ricard's? I have tried on a size 8UK/US9 and their is a bit of room in the toe area... size down to UK7? or is that too much. Too bad they do not make 8.5UK...

Damn, 120 quid is a good price!

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
nice deal, 120pounds for black ricards with several sizes. Glad they don't have 9.5 or I'd probably have to bite. ricards fit basically the same as corsos right?
iirc Corsos are a bit longer and narrower. I know they use a different last (Zippy will come in and clarify this, I'm sure)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Corsos does fit bigger, I wouldn't say narrower but it is at least half a size bigger compared to Ricards.

steezin

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before, I have tried searching!

How do the york boots fit?
I'm usually a UK8 and i've heard they run a little big, would sizing down to a UK7 be wise?

mfrege

Reaction score
So if I find a 11UK Corso a pretty good fit (perfect width and good length, maybe a touch long, but nothing requring thicker socks or anything), and I'm normally a US 13D, should I get a a 11UK Ricard as well?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
iirc Corsos are a bit longer and narrower. I know they use a different last (Zippy will come in and clarify this, I'm sure)
I think you and RFX covered it.
smile.gif
Originally Posted by RFX45
Corsos does fit bigger, I wouldn't say narrower but it is at least half a size bigger compared to Ricards.
Originally Posted by steezin
Sorry if this has been asked before, I have tried searching! How do the york boots fit? I'm usually a UK8 and i've heard they run a little big, would sizing down to a UK7 be wise?
About 1/2 size big. 7.5UK is probably a better target.
Originally Posted by mfrege
So if I find a 11UK Corso a pretty good fit (perfect width and good length, maybe a touch long, but nothing requring thicker socks or anything), and I'm normally a US 13D, should I get a a 11UK Ricard as well?
If the 11UK Corsos fit, the 11UK Ricards might be a bit tight. 10US to an 11UK seems rather extreme.

ebusch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I'm a 11US, I went down to a 9.5UK for my Corsos compared to 10UK for my Ricards, and both seem fine in length. I found the Corsos to be quite a bit wider though, as I can basically tighten the laces all the way down so that both sides of the boot touch in the middle with no tongue showing. With my Ricards the sides stay about 3/4" apart in the middle when the laces are tightened all the way down.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
good looking out toasty, picked up a pair in 7 myself.
i can definitely see myself fitting comfortably into a 6.5 though. i had a pair of brown uk7 ricards (now sold) and externally at least they look significantly longer than my cp40s which are a standard us8. Fit-wise I always use insoles so maybe that helped with the extra toe room a bit

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
tempted to order the size 7 just to test the water, but don't want to deal with returns ugh. will try an insole though it seemed too tight already without (size 8). toe room is not that bad i guess, as stated, the boots do taper so its expected.

buy buy buy!

konadog

Reaction score
Selling these York boots in B&S as I got the sizing wrong. Theyre a UK 9, and fit like a US 11.
5706575043_31d99aba35.jpg
5707141818_c535f25666.jpg

onetwozoo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
nice deal, 120pounds for black ricards with several sizes. Glad they don't have 9.5 or I'd probably have to bite. ricards fit basically the same as corsos right?
I wear both in the same size and wouldn't suggest sizing down. As KitAkira said, the corsos fit longer and a bit narrower.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Damn, I love the corsos. Pretty much perfect, if you ask me. My other faves are the cesars. I've always been a fan of cap toes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads