• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Emerald:
saxc-d106-wsh-n3-28154.jpg
saxc-d106-wsh-n3-detailc-28152.jpg

Miller (new dip-dye color?):
saxc-d973-wsh-t2-28296.jpg
saxc-d003-wsh-g2-28145.jpg

Now with a rubber sole:
saxc-d973-wsh-t2-detaila-28293.jpg
saxc-d003-wsh-g2-detaila-28142.jpg

Lachy

Reaction score
I just gave my Chen's a long overdue polish with a Kiwi polish called "Dark Tan", which has turned them from the well known Dip-Dyed Brown colour (very similar to RFX45's beautiful new Cage's), to a sort of Oxblood/Brown colour.

Now, I realize this isn't the end of the world, in fact, I'm undecided as to whether I like or dislike the new colour, but if I wanted to reverse it to a shade closer to it's original colour, wouldn't a polish with a lighter colour brown do the trick?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would take a few coats but it'll probably work. You'll be ok since you used a wax polish. Try using a lighter cream. It has more dye than wax polish.

Lachy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
It would take a few coats but it'll probably work. You'll be ok since you used a wax polish. Try using a lighter cream. It has more dye than wax polish.

Thanks for the tip on cream. My shoe care skills aren't great, and we have a severe lack of shoe care supplies here. A tin of Kiwi polish and a brush, maybe a cloth, is the best you'll find in most places. Most peoples opinions are along the lines of, why clean and polish, when you can just buy a new pair of shoes for $50?

The new colour is nice, but it's much darker than before.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I dislike the look of the Millers with that rubber sole

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my black Ricards in the mail today. They are my first PS purchase and I'm truly impressed. Thanks for the sizing advice (xchen?: you're post helped a lot) and the tip about the Nordstroms sale. Just a heads up for newbies like myself, these boots are more pointed than they might appear in the pictures. I have a fairly round face and (does this make any sense or am I crazy?) I'm not yet sure how I feel about wearing [slightly] pointed boots. Can anyone give a comparison between Ricards and W+H boots as to the pointy/pointedness? Thanks

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is weird because I do not really find the Ricards particularly pointy, especially in comparison to the Starrs. Even the Granada looks pointier than the Ricards. I think the Ricards just has a low profile and slick look, which may make it seem pointy?

skunkworks

Reaction score
The toe itself on the Ricard is fairly rounded, though not quite as rounded as the W&H boots. The difference is in its slim, low, sleek profile.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Paul Smith order finally arrived.
111.jpg

211.jpg

You got to love the purple laces, a small detail that goes a long way.
411.jpg

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
What's with all the rubber soles now?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The rubber sole on the Granada has been there since the beginning (from 1-2 years ago?).
I like the rubber sole on this one, it doesn't make the shoe thick and keeps the low profile look.
It also saves me time and money on getting it topied. Not bad considering the price I paid for them.

To those curious, here's how the PS jacket fits.
311.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads