• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official new iPhone 4

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
nba jam > *

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
also ATT seems to be the worst when i'm a concert or sporting event with a lot of people. service isn't great for my friends who have verizon but at least they can check email, receive/send texts, etc. i can't do anything.
While at a music festival recently, friends wouldn't get my texts until we left the festival. AT&T is atrocious. Calls drop constantly in DC, especially if you're in Farragut or Dupont. My gf has it even worse with a 3GS.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Okay wait, I lied. There's one major reason you might want to wait until the iPhone 5: rumors (ugh, rumors) state Apple is working on a dual-carrier antenna.

A Verizon management type told me last week the iP5 definitely has both chips in it.
Which isn't really that ground-breaking: my 30-month-old BB has both CDMA and GSM.

Willie5566

Reaction score
Struggling with the Verizon vs. AT & T thing. Not happy with AT & T coverage bit I like being able to be on the phone and internet at the same time. Tough decision for me.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Willie5566
Struggling with the Verizon vs. AT & T thing. Not happy with AT & T coverage bit I like being able to be on the phone and internet at the same time. Tough decision for me.

ultimately why i stay with ATT.

blairh

Reaction score
iPhone 5 is coming in the fall. I'm confident they'll offer a 64 GB model (which I want badly). Fingers crossed they'll bump the screen size up to 4". 3.5" is too small these days.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
if it was to be released next month, they probably would've showcased it already, so i actually believe it won't be released in june/july. if it's not released at WWDC, which i doubt, since it's more a developers conference, we won't see it until june/july android has already surpassed the iphone in market share. actually, apple is only 3rd in the smartphone war. RIM is 2nd. what is impressive though is that the iphone has around 8% of smartphone sales, yet 25% of the total market share.
Would be pretty sad if Andriod's didn't pass them seeing as how they release a new phone every weekend. I thought RIM was 3rd? Source?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This is interesting: http://www.macrumors.com/2011/05/13/...obile-support/
Forbes reports on a new research note from Jeffries & Co. analyst Peter Misek claiming that Apple's next-generation iPhone will be a relatively minor revamp known as the "iPhone 4S" and will debut in September. Misek also claims that Apple will be expanding carrier availability in the U.S. to include Sprint and T-Mobile by the end of the year, with China Mobile also reportedly coming on board."According to our industry checks, the device should be called iPhone 4S and include minor cosmetic changes, better cameras, A5 dual-core processor, and HSPA+ support," he writes in a research note. But he also says that "industry checks indicate Apple will likely announce Sprint, T-Mobile, and China Mobile as new carriers." The "iPhone 4S" name first gained publicity last month in claims that Apple has been providing select high-level iOS developers with souped-up iPhone 4 devices, with the source citing an unofficial name of "iPhone 4S" for the device. Misek's report goes on to note that the next-generation iPhone is not likely to bring compatibility with faster LTE 4G networks rolling out in some markets, as the required chipsets from Qualcomm are not yet available in quantity to support the inclusion of the technology.As for LTE, he says the Qualcomm LTE chipset Apple would have used "is currently not achieving yields sufficient for inclusion in the iPhone 5." He says Apple had hoped to have the LTE chipsets ready, but was planning a version without LTE called iPhone 4S. The claim regarding a lack of LTE compatibility in the next-generation iPhone fits with earlier reports that the required chipsets won't be available to make their way into handsets until 2012. \t\t\t\t\t

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
excellent

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My sister is wanting an iPhone and I told her to wait till next month. If the delay is real, then just go ahead and get am iPhone 4. I expect the 5 to be like the 3GS. An overall minor spec update.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
My sister is wanting an iPhone and I told her to wait till next month. If the delay is real, then just go ahead and get am iPhone 4. I expect the 5 to be like the 3GS. An overall minor spec update.
I think its worth the wait. The A5, memory, and camera upgrades should only improve the user experience.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I think its worth the wait. The A5, memory, and camera upgrades should only improve the user experience.

Personally I might wait, but she has been wanting a new phone for some time and is a casual user.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Personally I might wait, but she has been wanting a new phone for some time and is a casual user.
Still, I think its worth it. Why buy year old tech when you can get the new one in 3 months. Here's a mockup of the 4S:
iphone-5-case-mockup.jpg

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Still, I think its worth it. Why buy year old tech when you can get the new one in 3 months.

That's why I'm waiting for the iP9

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads