1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official new iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by sonick, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Now to find out what Sprint does with SERO plans.

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

what was everyone looking for? if it was called 5, would it not be ok to have an upgraded camera, processor, and graphics?

the 4G argument, i can understand, but i had this argument with some friends who ran out to buy the bionic. how many are you are really using 4G? 9 times out of 10, i'm hooked up a WIFI connection and 3G, 4G, edge, doesn't matter to me. the only time i'm not on a WIFI connection in my daily life is my commute to and from home, which i'm driving, so i really shouldn't be on the damn thing anyways.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  3. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Boring. Looking forward to what Android announces next week. Also, Apple's website is down. lulz.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

4G sucks. People are stupid. I was looking for the sleeker design, bigger screen, NFC, metal back, etc..

5. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

So you're looking for a nexus prime then?

6. javyn

javyn Senior member

Better hardware specs for one, is this thing even a dual core?

edit: n/m, it is.

7. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I want the exact opposite. an iPhone nano thats half the size/weight and is easier to carry around. If they could jam a touch/video screen into an iPod nano/shuffle then they can make a cheaper barebones smaller iPhone.

the way I see it if you already have an iPad then the iphone becomes a bit redundant (or vice versa) so why not offer a smaller iPhone.

I really miss small cell phones. The kind that you could put into pockets and not be afraid to break. I know the iphone actually fits into pants pockets well, but I was thinking about things like suit pockets, thin jackets, anything involving sports ect- (the iPhone has always been big/heavy/bulky.

when I run half marathons or go on vacations I actually end up bringing an old sony ericsson thats small and has a camera just because of its small size and weight.

8. Pinhas

Pinhas Senior member

+100

Thats what I was hoping for most; I like the 3GS design so much better than the 4. Software specs look good and I need to upgrade my 3GS which is on its last breath. Was ohping for better design but alas, still getting the 4S.

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Possibly. I'll be paying very close attention to that.

10. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

The better camera means fewer shitty men's room photos on WAYWRN. Of course, the quality of the pics will be better but they will still be in public toilets :)

11. javyn

javyn Senior member

Funny, I'll go ahead and be blissfully ignorant then, because the camera on my new v4 is the best damn camera I've ever used hands down

12. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I'll plan on pre-ordering the 4S. I need a sexy phone so I can get laid.

13. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

I definitely need an 8MP camera to capture the beauty of my genitals so that I can tweet it out.

14. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Hallmark and FourSquare just got pwnt.

15. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

What do you have now B?

Going from a 3G to 4 or 4S will still be a very nice upgrade for you. I went from 3G to 4 last year and the 4 is much better in terms of features. If you decide to go 4S I think you will be in great shape. I will be upgrading my wife's 3G and it is definitely due. Many apps and updates are not supported on the 3G. It's time to upgrade now before the phone becomes a paper weight.

16. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

3GS. Trust me when i tell you or anyone, that you do not want to run iOS5 with anything less than the 4. Maybe the Gold Master optimized some things. i probably need to do a full restore on it too, but it's pretty slow. definitely showing it age.

will either sell this cheap or just use as a media player.

17. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

Well I have to admit that I was shooting for some of the rumors. Larger screen, sleeker device like the iTouch, the metal back was looking good but not a deal breaker. Perhaps the most disappointing thing is that it took them 16 months to put out a phone with a bump in specs.

Meh..4G is probably the future but is very overrated now because it is in such limited areas.

Not sure where to start on this. The iPhone is the sleekest smartphone on the market. I carry it in my pocket everyday..EVERYDAY and it has not broken nor do I think it will. I generally do not have it in a case either. I can only laugh when you refer to it as "big and bulky." Go handle a Droid and discover what big and bulky it is. The iPhone may not be perfect but it is light years ahead of other phones in terms of size. Good luck on finding that ever elusive spy phone. Somebody has been watching a lot of movies lately.

Come on congressman haven't you learned by now?

Pretty disappointed overall. The wife will get one for sure but I do not think I am going to waste my early upgrade on this phone. I might change my mind after my wife gets hers but probably not.

18. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

I see why you are looking forward to upgrading. I think people with 3g or 3gs will do fine with the latest phone.

Yea my wife's 3g acts up quite a bit. I stopped doing updates for her 6+ months ago. We usually keep our iPhones so the kids can use them as an iTouch. Works pretty well really.

19. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

I agree. I was really tempt to pick up the 4 because my 3G is a POS right now.

My silent switch fall off.
    It's really really laggy. I don't even bother with the apps (expect for facebook and maps) I just use my phone for mainly listening to music, emails, surfing the web, and facebook. Texting and opening up the camera is a pain in the ass. Sometime the phone doesn't turn horizontal, or vertical vice versa.

20. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

^^^Sounds like my 3gs.