• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official new iPhone 4

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
ive found the newest generation of iphone/ipods are MUCH more delicate than the first. I've thrown the first iphone numerous times in drunken rages and no problems. the iphone 4 on the other hand.
I still have the 3. Sorry to hear that the 4 is more fragile. I'm waiting for the 5 before trading up.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What would the point of an iphone 5 be if it doesn't offer access to 4g networks (or at least if it's not 4g ready so it can take advantage when things start rolling)?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
What would the point of an iphone 5 be if it doesn't offer access to 4g networks (or at least if it's not 4g ready so it can take advantage when things start rolling)?
Incremental improvements - design, processor, memory, etc..

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MSNBC Tech, I know not a hardcore tech source, is now reporting a smaller, cheaper iPhone could be in the works. No idea what this "cloud" technology is though.

EDIT: Story link

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Note that the above has also been reported by Bloomberg and WSJ, two groups with great Apple track records. This news is coming out everywhere at once, actually--it smells like an intentional leak from Apple.

The "cloud" technology is simple: no information will actually be saved on your phone! Rumor has it the iPhone mini will not have any memory, but instead save and download your contacts, music, videos, etc. wirelessly from servers owned by Apple. No memory = cheaper costs = cheaper prices for the consumer.

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Thanks for that. I am holding out for VZW 4G iPhone anyway.

Mblova

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I always chuckle when someone pulls out a nice phone that's enveloped by some heinous monstrosity of a case. It's like a bodykit for a phone.
https://www.miniot.com/webshop/?port...iot&page=index
iwood4-home.jpg

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how do those cases look after they've been dropped a few times?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
case in point

Mblova

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
how do those cases look after they've been dropped a few times?

Better than your Iphone would fare without a case.

SirSuturesALot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.businessinsider.com/a-wee...nd-cons-2011-2

Comparison between AT&T and Verizon.

3. Demonstratably clearer voice quality, even when an AT&T phone is used on other side. This is amazing, too. The voice quality is just much better with EVERY call. Not a single call has sounded worse (I asked lots of my friends to call back on my Verizon number). This is so drastic a difference that I've now switched my voice to Verizon permanently.
Out of curiosity, is there anything coming down AT&T's infrastructure pipeline that will improve voice quality? Will LTE do anything in this regard?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do I need wifi to do facetime? Also, does that mean the person I am calling also needs to be connected to wifi to answer? Or is this just a Verizon thing?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads