Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Piobaire, Feb 25, 2010.

1. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

[​IMG]

quoted from my earlier gear poast to bring the CS Tele Custom back up in all its glory.

also, TC, have the setup done. When done by a good person, IMO it's the single best thing you can do to improve a guitar. Great guitar regardless, there are 2 of the CS60's at my family's place upstate and a CS56 (there's a full studio there so it's where we all keep our excess gear). My two main ones for the city are an American Vintage 60's and the CS Tele Custom.

2. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

quoted from my earlier gear poast to bring the CS Tele Custom back up.

also, TC, have the setup done. When done by a good person, IMO it's the single best thing you can do to improve a guitar.

Awesome tele. Yep, totally agree. I always have them set-up by a pro right off the bat, and this one was no exception. It's just going back in for a couple minor adjustments.

3. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

found a pic of my AV60:

[​IMG]

4. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

quoted from my earlier gear poast to bring the CS Tele Custom back up in all its glory. also, TC, have the setup done. When done by a good person, IMO it's the single best thing you can do to improve a guitar. Great guitar regardless, there are 2 of the CS60's at my family's place upstate and a CS56 (there's a full studio there so it's where we all keep our excess gear). My two main ones for the city are an American Vintage 60's and the CS Tele Custom.
    I have an 60's reissue MIJ made in the 80's that I bought off Ebay for $300 that has that cream binding. Awkwardly gorgeous guitar. Brings me to tears thinking about my first guitar... I should get back to playing.

5. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

Anyone have an interest in an original Big Muff Pi pedal? Old as fuck, still works, 100% awesome.

yes! how much?!??! this is soviet or usa? what year?

6. roryben

roryben Senior member

[​IMG]

Amazing. I want to say something clever and interesting here, but all I can do is [​IMG]

7. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

I have an 60's reissue MIJ made in the 80's that I bought off Ebay for $300 that has that cream binding. Awkwardly gorgeous guitar.

Brings me to tears thinking about my first guitar... I should get back to playing.

MIJ Strats and Tele from the 80's are, IMO, the best deals out there. My father has a MIJ '60's Tele Custom in burst that he picked up dirt cheap because it had dodgy electronics. I think it was more of a project acquisition than anything else, but he re-did the wiring, added new pickups, and gave it a nice setup ... and it's nearly as good as my $4K CS Tele Custom Relic, but actually looks like a beat to shit vintage guitar. It could honestly pass for our actual '62 were it not for a few of those tiny giveaways that most people have no idea exist.

I think TC should look for one. Like this.

8. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Senior member

Has any one checked out the new Gibson Melody Maker line? Simple as it gets, satin finishes, solid maple slab of wood, single humbucker pickup, and a wrap around bridge. There's a LP shape (obviously), but they also made Melody Maker SGs, Flying Vs, and Explorers.

Being the huge Explorer fan I am, I ordered the Melody Maker Explorer this past weekend and should be getting it in this weekend. I think it's smaller than the normal 76 reissues which I'm very curious to see, and I love single pickup guitars. If only it was a p90 pickup, then it would be like... An Explorer Jr- which would be a dream come true for me lol.

Anyway, it came to $516 AFTER tax. For that price, I don't expect much, but I'm hoping it can be a fun little thing I can just throw in a gig bag and take with me along with a tiny amp to jam with friends or something as opposed to lugging around one of my other Explorers in the GIGANTIC hardshell case.

9. TC (Houston)

Did somebody say Gibson?

[​IMG]

10. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

I'll see your one and raise you two. CS Goldtop from their custom historic series (a brazilian neck model no less) and a 335. I may have played the LP for < 5 hours total, it's just to have on hand and to round out the collection really. The 335 has been played a lot.

others
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

And since some British amp speak will inevitably arise from some Les Paul pron, here we go:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. TC (Houston)

I'll see your one and raise you two. CS Goldtop from their custom historic series (a brazilian neck model no less) and a 335. I may have played the LP for < 5 hours total, it's just to have on hand and to round out the collection really. The 335 has been played a lot.

Haha, awesome, same Les Paul! Mine is a 2003 CHR7, though I don't think a Brazilian. I've also been thinking about getting a 335. Nice axes!

13. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

I believe they still made them w/ the brazilian fretboards in 2003, is the serial number below 7 37--?

And yes, add a 335 along with a MIJ Tele Custom RI.

14. TC (Houston)

I believe they still made them w/ the brazilian fretboards in 2003, is the serial number below 7 37--?

And yes, add a 335 along with a MIJ Tele Custom RI.

I don't have the SN here at the office, but I had looked it up before and it was not in the known brazilian range. Apparently there were some rogue brazilians even after the range, but I'm not hung up on it either way. I bought this one as a player and I don't plan to sell it, so doesn't really matter.

LOL, yeah, 335 AND Tele. Man, you're a terrible influence, this is why I stopped looking at thegearpage.

15. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

MIJ Strats and Tele from the 80's are, IMO, the best deals out there. My father has a MIJ '60's Tele Custom in burst that he picked up dirt cheap because it had dodgy electronics. I think it was more of a project acquisition than anything else, but he re-did the wiring, added new pickups, and gave it a nice setup ... and it's nearly as good as my $4K CS Tele Custom Relic, but actually looks like a beat to shit vintage guitar. It could honestly pass for our actual '62 were it not for a few of those tiny giveaways that most people have no idea exist.

I think TC should look for one. Like this.

Heh, that's the exact one I have... '62 RI. And agreed. Replace a few of the parts and the MIJ stuff is as good as the MIA ones.

And since some British amp speak will inevitably arise from some Les Paul pron, here we go:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]