• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Resonators aren't ironic?

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just want to play Romeo and Juliet over and over again until I die.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotta love the flippers.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my Japanese Tele.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Is that one of those ones where the guitar is basically wrapped in a film?

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It
Is that one of those ones where the guitar is basically wrapped in a film?

It's a standard Japanese Poly finish. A little thick but the guitar sounds great.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
George Harrison (1943–2001) of The Beatles received a prototype Rosewood Telecaster as a planned gift from Fender in 1968. Fender selected the better of two prototypes built, flew it to England in its own personal seat along with a courier, and hand-delivered the guitar to Apple offices in December 1968. Harrison used this guitar during The Beatles famous 'Get Back Sessions' as well as on the Beatles' 1970 album Let It Be and 1969's Abbey Road. Of equal notability, Harrison used the rosewood Tele for the Beatles' last public performance in 1969, famously referred to as 'the Rooftop concert'.

In the late 80's there were one or two Rosewood Tele's that showed up in Dallas at guitar shows. Fender only made a few of them in the late 60's but then Fender Japan reissued them in the late 80's and then, of course, Fender USA did some over time. The earliest US ones I saw were just OK but the MIJ seemed quite nice and went for a lot of Yen to Japanese Beatle fans.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a great guitar, which I think would be better with a nitro clear coat rather than a poly clear coat but it would be a mistake to refinish it, value wise.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

George Harrison (1943–2001) of The Beatles received a prototype Rosewood Telecaster as a planned gift from Fender in 1968. Fender selected the better of two prototypes built, flew it to England in its own personal seat along with a courier, and hand-delivered the guitar to Apple offices in December 1968. Harrison used this guitar during The Beatles famous 'Get Back Sessions' as well as on the Beatles' 1970 album Let It Be and 1969's Abbey Road. Of equal notability, Harrison used the rosewood Tele for the Beatles' last public performance in 1969, famously referred to as 'the Rooftop concert'.

In the late 80's there were one or two Rosewood Tele's that showed up in Dallas at guitar shows. Fender only made a few of them in the late 60's but then Fender Japan reissued them in the late 80's and then, of course, Fender USA did some over time. The earliest US ones I saw were just OK but the MIJ seemed quite nice and went for a lot of Yen to Japanese Beatle fans.

I don't know if you saw this or not, but ages ago when I was in high school at the top of the "Napster" craze I had downloaded this video of the rooftop concert and it had all of these extra footage laces through it of the crowd up there. I noticed one of the people in the crowd was Woody Allen. I have tried searching for this video, or at least documentation that he was there, but can't find anything about it. I am guessing it might have been personal video? Do you know anything about it?

I wonder how much the rosewood makes the tele sound different?

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's super heavy, and has more meat than your standard tele. Kind of like a Tele-Paul. Still sounds more like a Tele though.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads