• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official Evan Kinori Thread

looseandwavey

Reaction score
hmmm I was looking at this https://item.rakuten.co.jp/kind-u/8055000139337/ actually. It's linen but no idea
also this https://item.rakuten.co.jp/jumblestore/2334451134914/

I wish it was easier to do returns and stuff but most shops on rakuten dont accept returns really. It's kinda lame, although ragtag does allow it but there is none at the moment I think
You might already know this, but if not the the 2nd one is from 2nd street, and if you get a 2nd street members card which is free, and use their website to order things to try on at the store nearest to you, free of charge. I used to do it all the time. DM if any questions.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did not know that actually! I'll contact you, but that sounds like a great idea. Im trying to get some more Linen, Japanese summer can be absolute shit. I'll go ask about it at the store maybe and make a membership card while I am at it.

calcifer_the_cat

Reaction score
Picked up the Sumi Ink Three Pocket. After seeing how much it was bleeding I decided to give it machine wash on gentle, in a net, and with no soap. I wish I had pictures to show how it looked before but it changed dramatically. I'm not super happy with the way the back looks specifically, but I dig everything else.

706988D2-F5D7-40E9-8E47-0AB297360AC8.jpeg
8E3FA9C4-F25F-4205-A767-1CC99998CBE1.jpeg
715CE18A-0AE9-4BD0-BE18-BC81087CB2B0.jpeg
FF3FDCB0-898E-4E6C-B109-3815369A6599.jpeg
62C242CE-C8F6-4382-997E-BBA8E1F646D9.jpeg
3A18CBCC-A458-4514-AF56-51600D427DFB.jpeg
7EE0C995-C83A-4AFF-B104-C45B6E7CE9CF.jpeg

F2B2FBBC-C4F2-484A-A3B5-BA4452D9841F.jpeg
27B3EFCE-E7E7-46B9-9D79-FE017006B8A3.jpeg

I'd definitely recommend a hand wash for anyone who picks up one of these pieces.

calcifer_the_cat

Reaction score
Picked up the Sumi Ink Three Pocket. After seeing how much it was bleeding I decided to give it machine wash on gentle, in a net, and with no soap. I wish I had pictures to show how it looked before but it changed dramatically. I'm not super happy with the way the back looks specifically, but I dig everything else.

I'd definitely recommend a hand wash for anyone who picks up one of these pieces.

Here's a couple more in slightly different lighting. The back isn't nearly as white as the photos above make it look.
63D74B2C-BFB0-4A1F-A4AA-52BE0CA117E8.jpeg
6D30BC7E-C8F9-45C6-8359-CB6757132684.jpeg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Japanese Nursery near my house is doing a Sumi Ink workshop next week. I might bring some shit in to try out haha

Samer

Reaction score
I try to avoid machine washing any EK. I did it once to a pair of blue hemp twill pants (the same that's released this season) and it just ruined the feel of the fabric. It's a pain ********** with the tees though with how often you have to wash them.

ambyance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I try to avoid machine washing any EK. I did it once to a pair of blue hemp twill pants (the same that's released this season) and it just ruined the feel of the fabric. It's a pain ********** with the tees though with how often you have to wash them.
but sumi will bleed my friend...

ambyance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See hand washing post above ^^^
oh right, didnt realize that was ur post above lol and skipped the word machine oops.
i mean, who machine washes ek garms?? i can understand tees and such but not jackets/pants (MAYBE in wash bags?) but i wouldnt dare try

slvth

Reaction score
Lol after one day of wearing my indigo big shirt I had blue all over my hands and the shoulders of my white tee I had underneath. The indigo washed out of the tee, but there was no doubt about the bleeding.

I hand wash woolens but just do a delicate cycle with no spin on EK cottons, linens, and hemp and never had an issue. That said I stay away from anything that's really delicate so take it with a grain of salt.

calcifer_the_cat

Reaction score
Lol after one day of wearing my indigo big shirt I had blue all over my hands and the shoulders of my white tee I had underneath. The indigo washed out of the tee, but there was no doubt about the bleeding.

I hand wash woolens but just do a delicate cycle with no spin on EK cottons, linens, and hemp and never had an issue. That said I stay away from anything that's really delicate so take it with a grain of salt.
Yeah, I've machine washed some other hemp and cotton pieces of his with no issue. I should have known better with the dyeing process used on this piece, though. Oh well! Luckily it's still very much wearable and I'm happy with the piece.

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mastenannet