• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Evan Kinori Thread

NO MERCY

Reaction score
@catkin_, looks like it. You might try posting in the Buy & Sell section, or try throwing em up on the EK discord, I've seen some "adjacent" stuff posted for sale there.

blockdmyownshot

Reaction score
@catkin_, looks like it. You might try posting in the Buy & Sell section, or try throwing em up on the EK discord, I've seen some "adjacent" stuff posted for sale there.
Can I get an invite to that discord?? Sounds like my kinda place

Also I picked up two pieces from EK for the first time. Glasswing ended up finding another pair of the anthracite single pleats and picked up the two pocket shirt in ochre ?

Samer

Reaction score
What is the handfeel of the sumi field shirt? Is it stiff?
At first, yes. It's canvas so its already stiff at first, and then the natural dye adds to that a little bit. EK recommended a wash, so that's what I'll do and report back.

leftysmasher

Reaction score
Yeah pretty sure washing it is going to break it in nicely! Let us know lol.

cat

Reaction score
Can I get an invite to that discord?? Sounds like my kinda place

Also I picked up two pieces from EK for the first time. Glasswing ended up finding another pair of the anthracite single pleats and picked up the two pocket shirt in ochre ?
28 or 30?

maxbayuk

Reaction score
Don’t sleep on the sumi ink. The canvas and color will break in really nicely after one wash. It transfers easily at first, almost chalky, but the depth of color is killer.

The butcher linen is starchier than past seasons, but that might be because it’s just out of the box.

And the natural indigo dye is also really nice, especially the texture of the fabric.
View attachment 1590494
How's the sizing on the sumi FS and Zip Jacket?

Samer

Reaction score
How's the sizing on the sumi FS and Zip Jacket?
Similar to past seasons, I feel. Zip is boxy and slight cropped, field shirt more standard. D7005BAC-509D-432D-8AFD-4DC324AF61A4.jpeg Here’s a M in the zip. I have broad shoulders and am 5’9 - I tend to between sizes but have just been going with Ls for everything except the big shirt. Zip jacket makes a big difference when there’s no lining as it sits closer to the body.

maxbayuk

Reaction score
Similar to past seasons, I feel. Zip is boxy and slight cropped, field shirt more standard. View attachment 1590957 Here’s a M in the zip. I have broad shoulders and am 5’9 - I tend to between sizes but have just been going with Ls for everything except the big shirt. Zip jacket makes a big difference when there’s no lining as it sits closer to the body.
Nice, thanks for photo. I think we’re a similar size. Do you think an L in the zip would fit you better or is the M big enough?

Samer

Reaction score
Nice, thanks for photo. I think we’re a similar size. Do you think an L in the zip would fit you better or is the M big enough?
I went with the L. It’ll be a bit too long in the sleeves but I can tailor them and I ain’t getting any smaller.

maxbayuk

Reaction score
Don’t sleep on the sumi ink. The canvas and color will break in really nicely after one wash. It transfers easily at first, almost chalky, but the depth of color is killer.

The butcher linen is starchier than past seasons, but that might be because it’s just out of the box.

And the natural indigo dye is also really nice, especially the texture of the fabric.
View attachment 1590494

What size FS are you wearing here?

Samer

Reaction score
Just got the two pieces I ordered online in. The zip jacket is really nice and will definitely get better with wash and wear. Wearing L here with the sleeves cuffed.

The three pocket is a bit bigger than past Ls. Will probably return it unless someone on here was looking for it.

Attachments

• EC86DA77-8A0E-498B-8286-C125D9FB43C4.jpeg
    EC86DA77-8A0E-498B-8286-C125D9FB43C4.jpeg
    510.6 KB · Views: 162
  • 5D2F8465-B81E-4BFF-8730-0FF9746D40D2.jpeg
    5D2F8465-B81E-4BFF-8730-0FF9746D40D2.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 1941863F-019F-4F79-AF10-34F1C205E384.jpeg
    1941863F-019F-4F79-AF10-34F1C205E384.jpeg
    480.5 KB · Views: 195

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads